Sign in to follow this  
Guest pred02

Best Payware Regional Jet

I have no idea what yopu are talking about:-bat

ngxu_banner.png

It was an attempt at rather poor (and crude) humour I'm afraid.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest ha5mvo

Go for the maddog if a VC is not a big deal for you.I understand that some are keen on VCs, flapping wings , external models and door animation...its all valid of course but if you're looking for system modelling the the maddog is at least LDS/PMDG stuff level...if not better.There have been a couple of (fairly minor) bugs, most of which were ironed out for the fs9 version. The FSX (unlike some developers, they didn't charge a penny for it) still has some bugs. Judging by their track record, those will eventually be fixed as well.One way or another, this product is a head above whatever feelco has to offer.

I agree the ATR is the best regional plane out there right now, however, for those of us who like to keep it really real in our flightsimming endeavors - isn't it true that the ATR are not allowed to fly up north due to some accident long ago due to icing or something like that?I fly in the pacific northwest area ..ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest _Sheva_

In Finnland there are a lot of ATRs operating :)

Guest Reed203

I have the Flight 1 ATR and it is an excellent addon. Even though it is older, I still rank it right up there with the Level D in terms of implementation of systems. The flight dynamics are rock solid as well. The ERJ 145 is also a good addon but it doesnt have the procedural depth as many other addons out there. The flight dynamics are a bit twitchy in my opinion but are OK. I also agree it is a bit hard to handfly on approach. The Legacy is also fairly good and it is a bit more stable than the ERJ flying wise. The panel and systems modeling have also been improved over the ERJ and it also has a HUD which is very cool. PC Pilot recently gave a great review of a YAK 40 made by Supronov Design. A bit different than the regional jets we are used to flying but still interesting with a supposedly great model and panel. I also have the Wilco CRJ and this is not a very good addon by todays standards. The FDE is shaky and there are problems with the FMC. At its time it was fairly good but it has shown its age. Digital Aviation is supposedly working on a new CRJ 200 but has its hands full with the Fokker at the moment which also looks excellent. This CRJ has been put on the backburner but hopefully it will see the light of day after the Fokker is released as it looks very promising. Hopefully I have helped and happy Thanksgiving!