Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Flight1 announces Avadyne gauges

"Flight1 Software is proud to present the Avidyne Entegra flight deck display system gauge pack for Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X. Based on Flight1 Aviation Technologies real world Avidyne Student training simulator, The Avidyne system integrates virtually all standard instruments and gauges into a pair of easy to manage, highly informational, color displays. View flight plan information; view traffic, receive traffic warnings, view airspace boundaries, fixes and runway / facility information, engine status plus much more using the high resolution displays; and customize the displays to your specific aircraft with the included settings manager."This sounds great,retrofit your old Cessna's and Piper's with 21st Century avionics.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

I just wish "retrofitting" was actually viable in FS. You can see in the screenshots they just sort of jam the screens in there. If it came with new config files for a bunch of popular 3rd party GA add-ons to put the screens in the VC I would probably be all over that.

It would be worth getting if you have the Eaglesoft Columbia 400, you can replace the Avadyne with the flight1 version which appears to be a lot betterGraham

The Flight1 Avidyne system replicates the landscape format of the Entegra system. The Columbia 400 utilizes the portrait format and doesn't exactly fit. HTH!Owen

Awesome, I can put the SR-20 back on my computer now, LOL, no more disappearing naviads and airports.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hmm, the SR20 does fine on a majority of machines...perhaps you haven't availed yourself of the 2 free upgrades for that aircraft since it was released.The current download includes those upgrades and may be had by simply redownloading and reinstalling with the F1 Wrapper system :-)Oh yes, Owen is correct. In our Columbia 400, the Avidyne Entegra system is Portrait version as opposed to the Landscape version as found in our Cirrus SR20 and SR22 series.Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

FSAvidyne has a custom built database that is newer than either FS9 or FSX. And... is not based on either of default databases. Give it a try, I gaurantee it is the most advanced Avidyne system available for FS9 or FSX or your money back. (other than Flight1tech's Avidyne Student)Jim

>FSAvidyne has a custom built database that is newer than both>FS9 or FSX.>>JimLooks like you did a lot of work Jim:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>>Looks like you did a lot of work Jim:-)>I didn't do it alone Ron but thank you, I appreciate it.Best,Jim

Oops, should have mentioned your group too...our best to them as well.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Does this model the actual color terrain mode of the MFD? Might have to pick it up if so... What are the actual limitations on this vs. the real thing? Manual available anywhere?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

FSAvidyne does not render color terrain. Avidyne Student does, including terrain warnings, and it displays many other things such as airways, obstacles, including obstacle warnings, special use airspace, tower zones, etc.FSAvidyne is a derivative of the Professional Avidyne Student simulation and was developed to accommodate the FS market price point.The only thing that Avidyne Student does not have with respect to the real units is live NEXRAD and CMax (Electronic Charts)For more information about the Avidyne Student, you can go here:http://www.flight1tech.com

Can the Avadyne student be added to other planes or is it just the 4 in the package?Looks like I will be buying some more Eaglesoft products soon!thanksGraham

>Looks like I will be buying some more Eaglesoft products>soon!>>thanks>GrahamThanks Graham,Remember our Cirrus Series contain "Landscape" Avidyne Entegra Avionics. Our Columbia 400 contains "Portrait" Avidyne Entegra Avionics.Columbia 400 won't accept "Landscape" versions. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png