Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Flight1 announces Avadyne gauges

>Remember our Cirrus Series contain "Landscape" Avidyne Entegra>Avionics. >Our Columbia 400 contains "Portrait" Avidyne Entegra>Avionics.>Columbia 400 won't accept "Landscape" versions. :-)>>>Very true Ron.I wanted to add that the Flight1 Entegra package is not meant as a competition for Eaglesoft's products that use the Avidyne gauges but an enhancement for those that want even more of the features these advanced electronics gauges are capable of. They do make a perfect marriage with the Eaglesoft Cirrus aircraft plus allow for placement of the Avidyne displays into any MSFS aircraft so the user is only limited by their own imagination.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Understood Zane, we take it as a compliment that users like our aircraft enough to use other vendors products within ours. This way users who don't care about the price differences can obtain what they wish to own :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

How would this set of gauges compare with the version in, say, the EagleSoft Cirrus SR20/22 in terms of functionality? (Assuming, of course, that they're actually the same systems..)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

That's something users need to do their homework on. F1 provides a feature list for their products. Folks need to understand what real Avidynes do and compare between what the Eaglesoft versions accomplish within a a fully integrated package vs what the F1 standalone units provide.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I wish I could find a feature list for the Eaglesoft units so if there is one, post a link. The feature list for the Flight1 FS Avidyne is here:

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane,Wow! Thanks for the feature list. Also, don't forget that FSAvidyne can be configured for 4 cyl, 6 cyl, twin 4 cyl and twin 6 cyl and possibly a turbo prop in the future. Our included settings manager will let you change almost anything in any configuration including the visible map feature ranges, v-speeds, etc. Its pretty comprehensive. Now, if want full blown bar-non Avidyne functionality,(excluding NEXRAD and CMax) consider the Avidyne Student, nothing compares. Not trying to be cocky. Honest. But we worked on this very intently for over 2 years and very closely with Avidyne and we are pretty proud of what the team has done. And so is Avidyne. Also... our Avidyne Courseware has recieved FAA FITS acceptance. Regards,Jim Rhoads

Zane, we will try to get something cooked up and placed on our site sometime soon..Avidyne is very pleased with what we've accomplished... First ever fully integrated Aircraft with Avidyne Entegra Avionics Packages for Microsoft Flight Simulator.:-) We're pretty busy trying to finish beta testing to get our FSX Piper Twin Comanche out the door at the moment but I'm sure we'll get some time soon.Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

So should I get the student version and drop that into the Eaglesoft Cirrus? That would work fine would it?Its good to see developers from different companies discussing things together and not backbiting.ThanksGraham

Does anyone uses it actually?It sure does look very nice, but I wonder which Navdata cycle is included.I asked that question over at Flight1, but they wont say anything about it due to 'competative' reasons. Sounds a bit strange to me, what does it matter if the "competition" knows what Navdata is included.Neither is it clear if they provide Navdata updates in the future.Both issues are a no-go for me at this moment. Hopefully they disclose more info soon.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Does anyone uses it actually?>It sure does look very nice, but I wonder which Navdata cycle>is included.>I asked that question over at Flight1, but they wont say>anything about it due to 'competative' reasons. >Sounds a bit strange to me, what does it matter if the>"competition" knows what Navdata is included.>Neither is it clear if they provide Navdata updates in the>future.>Both issues are a no-go for me at this moment. Hopefully they>disclose more info soon.> Our navdata is compiled from various sources. Some of which we have to purchase periodically. If you choose not to purchase the product based on our decision not disclose our Nav sources and our methods of compilation, and if that sounds strange to you, then I am sorry about that.Regardless, the included data is more current than FS9 or FSX, it is customized for many reasons and we are looking at offering data updates in the future. Whether this will be free or a moderate cost remains to be seen.Regards,Jim Rhoads

The Avidyne Student from Flight1 Tech is a very thorough replication of the Avidyne Entegra that is intended for use along with their Courseware in a training environment. It is a fantastic piece of work but understand it is not an entertainment title like the FS Avidyne from Flight1. The Student isn't designed for use in the VC. It all depends on your planned use for this software.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>The Avidyne Student from Flight1 Tech is a very thorough>replication of the Avidyne Entegra that is intended for use>along with their Courseware in a training environment. It is>a fantastic piece of work but understand it is not an>entertainment title like the FS Avidyne from Flight1. The>Student isn't designed for use in the VC. It all depends on>your planned use for this software.The Avidyne Student also comes with a complete Cirrus SR22, PA28, PA32 and PA44 panel, sub panels and all related subsystems. Much like in the same fashion as Elite or any other serious system / IFR trainers, it does not have an external visual model or VC. But it is quite extensive on subsystems and correct logic. Hence why we created FSAvidyne. So that the entertainment crowd would be able to retrofit a pretty comprehensive Avidyne system in their aircraft library / vc's, or upgrade existing aircraft at a nominal cost.Jim

Hi allhas anyone found a way to show a reality XP garmin flight plan on the MFD as a magenta line , and also in the trip page?EDIT~~~right clicking of the garmin flight plan button to export it seems to work !... trip page shows as well , but th ewaypoints are not named- at least we have a magenta line though!Also is it possible to display the Baro settings on the pfd in Mb rather than inchesGreat product by the way- very smooth displays!Bill London

>>Also is it possible to display the Baro settings on the pfd in>Mb rather than inchesHi Bill,We will add that in the next revision. I cant tell you when that will be, but we will do it as an option in the setting manager.Jim