Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

Underutilization of RAM and Video resources?

Hello Jean-Jacques,I think that the fact that you are running the AGP bus means that you have an older chip set and also an older CPU generation.I have a Gen 3 XPS using a Pentium 4 (Prescott core) 3.4 GHz, and with running a PCI-E ATI branded 1950 Pro 256 part, get constant 30 FPS (I have it locked there). If I unlock it, I go as high as 70 FPS, but usually runs around 57 to 70 FPS.I invite you to use this as a baseline on whether you want to upgrade to a more powerful CPU and chip set (motherboard) to run it on. FPS can scream along on even equipment three or four years old as my system is.MitchDell XPS Gen 3 Pent4 3.4 GHz3 Gigs of 5300 MHz memory in 2x2 GHz and 2 x 512 MHz dual-channelATI 1950 Pro 256 partWD 500 GB 7,200 rpm hard driveSound Blaster Audigy ZS sound cardVarious SCSI (SCUZZY) cards and hardwareX3D Extreme Pro Flight StickOne user enjoying all of the above.:)

Hi Mitch,Thank you for your prompt and informative reply. The information you offered confirms that I've expired the possibilities with my present system and that enhancement of performance can only be achieved by upgrading to more recent and capable technology. Please be assured that your invitation to use the information as a 'baseline' has been noted with interest.Regards, Jean-Jacques