Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

iFly b747 - issues with SP3

I recently (only jsut noticed it!) installed SP3 for iFly's FS9 747. There are one or two issues with this - some new, some unresolved from the past. I wonder if others with the iFly 747 have the same thing?1. The new "iFly747-400.gau" file means that the Heading & Altitude knobs are frozen on the AP panel. They only come on line when I'm ready to taxi (or sometimes not at all). Searching through the forums, someone said that this is because the avionics are off - but mine are definitely on! Restoring the original (SP2?) gauge fixes this, but maybe I am missing new things by deleting the SP3 gauge and putting the older one back?2. Can't start engines during pushback. I thought, in the real world, that is when engines were most usually started up? Other a/c, like PMDG 737s, work fine in this, but the iFly only starts to spool up when I reset the parking brake.3. Still get incorrect 'insufficient fuel' notices in the CDU, as noted in earlier posts. Thought this was to be fixed in SP3? Also still sometimes get an incorrect (surely?) 'MAX ALT FLNNN' notice when cruise altitude set at FL380 in the CDU. Surely that's appropriate for a 747? I'm not grumbling here I hasten to add - I love this plane for the most part and am very grateful to its creators for supplying the best freeware a/c around. I've even uploaded several humble little repaints of it to AVSIM library. That said, be good to know if others have the same little glitches and if any cure has been found..Martin :-)

Guest 247

I have an issue where the irs wont align i know what im doing but it just says its doing it but it doesnt.

Never had a problem with the IRS. For fast align, set the 3 dials to Align, and in the CDU and enter the start location, as prompted, on the Pos Init page. Then go back and switch the IRS knobs to NAV. Or set them directly to NAV, input the location to the CDU and wait 9 minutes. Works every time for me, either way.M.