Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Mega Scenery Brussels - anyone got it yet?

As someone who is staying with FS9 for some time yet I'm thinking of adding this Brussels scenery to my collection.Has anyone got it yet? How does performance compare with German Airports or FlyTampa Vienna?Appeciate any feedback. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Northy

Hi Ray,I assume this is the scenery by Dream-Factory? Yea I'm sure it is..Its pretty good,had it a while now and it runs pretty well on my system,getting FPS of about 20-25 with the sliders full to the right..If you would like some sreenshots with the FPS counter on so you can judge for yourself PM me and send me your e-mail and I'll glady send you some. Its probably not as good as German Airports or FT Vienna IMO,but I like it...Intel Duo Core E6600 @ 2.42gb of RAMATI X1650 512MB XP Pro.Regards,Martin

Hi Martin,Yes, it is the DreamWorks package. I'm guessing that your E6600 2.4 is about 50% faster than my P4 3.0 and my X1950Pro probably edges the X1650 so I can probably expect frame rates in the mid teens with the same settings. That sounds good enough for me.Thanks for the offer of a few screenshots but I think you've given me enough info to maike a safe purchase. I suppose they could have increased the complexity at the expense of frames but keeping it simpler makes it attractive to a larger group of people.FT and GA stuff is of the highest order (plus UK2000) but I don't see anyone else coming out with another Brussels. It's one of the less attractive airports for some reason. Maybe being the home to the EU has something to do with it! :-hahThanks!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Martin and all,Having installed this scenery and checked the AFCAD with AFX I would recommend that you replace the supplied AF2_EBBR.BGL with the one available in this thread http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=13785It's a huge improvement on the official one. This is for the FS9 version. I haven't installed the FSX one.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Not sure where that link goes, but here's the improved Afcad I use. Me and a couple of other people. ;-)Personally, I use a dual Afcad setup to get the most out of the runways.The scenery's great. Comes highly recommended if you like to fly to and from Brussels. Be sure you install some decent DHL flightplans.

Mike...

Guest F15Driver

Absolutely brilliant...airport scenery coming out of Europe is superb...I've got Zurich (project freeware) and Gatwick extreme...sets a new standard for other airport scenery developers to achieve. Brussels in the fog below.F15DriverBrusselsfog.jpg

Hi Ray,How are the framerates on your system?I'm considering it too, but it seems it's kinda harsh on the frates.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Mike,You'll only see the download link if you're a registered user. I didn't realise that when I posted.It works fine so I'll probably stay with it. 07R/25L is closed for takeoffs and 07L/25R for landings and 02/20 is available for both.I use Ultimate Traffic. It probably has some DHL Ai in there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Egbert,Frame rates are about the same as with UK2000 Manchester and Gatwick. Around mid-high teens when taxiing around. Haven't flown in there yet.If your spec is similar to mine you should be fine. You get FS9 and FSX versions for the one price. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks,Bought it yesterday and it looks nice.Frates low in the low 20's with FT-737 on the apron, so no problems here.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Excellent! :-wave

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather