Sign in to follow this  
Air Holland

Boeing Field KBFI and Renton KRNT scenery

John,True its very sad that it was not completed becourse i realy wanted to have this scenery.Maybe you can contact Raffaele and ask him to compleet the scenery

John,True its very sad that it was not completed becourse i realy wanted to have this scenery.Maybe you can contact Raffaele and ask him to compleet the scenery
I no longer have his email (he never responded when we did email him) yes it's a shame so close but yet so far away to having this scenery done. Our only hope is that someone will make it.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Today somebody from the FSDeveloper Community contacted my via a privat message withs he stated that he was intrested to make the Boeing field and he was wondering how he could get photo`s of the Boeing fields John do you have any idea how he can photo`s of the Boeing fields and do you have the latest beta version of KBFI maybe that guy can finish that scenery.

Would indeed be nice, as an exercise field.Do we have Everett or Paine field also ?

I could find some screenshots of the KBFI scenery from Simflyers.net witch sadly never is completedThis scenery looks verry great and sure a onahave scenerykbfi_01_02.jpgkbfi_01_03.jpgkbfi_01_06.jpgkbfi_01_08.jpgkbfi_01_10.jpgkbfi_02_02.jpgkbfi_02_04.jpgkbfi_02_05.jpgkbfi_02_08.jpgkbfi_09_08.jpg

That still looks top notch years later. Why aren't any smart scenery developers contacting John already to offer to finish the beta? (maybe they are...so I hope) What a business opportunity!

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thats true i realy hope that some on wil finisch this fantastic scenery.The beta scenery is already a verry good looking scenery.Here are some more screenshots i found.kbfi_04_09.jpgkbfi_04_08.jpgkbfi_04_04.jpgkbfi_04_01.jpgkbfi_03_04.jpgkbfi_03_01.jpgThere where more screenshots but i could not download them

So sad to see all that great work just sitting in a cyber-closet gathering electronic dust. It might not sell as well today as it would have a few years ago when there was a stronger FS9 community, but it would still sell! Seems a shame that a qualified designer can't be allowed to finish it and maybe even share the compensation with those of the original team who can still be contacted.May I make a suggestion in case one of the design team revisits this forum? There is a talented teenager who created a wonderful freeware EPWA. His first name is Mateusz as I recall. He is very energetic and uploads a lot of work, including aircraft repaints. His EPWA scenery really is way above the normal freeware quality and he is dedicated to improving it and very responsive to input from users. His dream is to become a commercial pilot. If you were willing to donate the files to him and let him finish it and market it, you would be helping a member of a new generation of designers get started in the industry, as well as maybe help make his real-world flying dream come true.

It would be great if someone can takeover this project.But i think if the former Simflyers.net team will allow to let the project take over by the guy you mentiond this project then i think its needs to be freeware.Or the guy you mentiond has to start the scenery from scratch.

It would be great if someone can takeover this project.But i think if the former Simflyers.net team will allow to let the project take over by the guy you mentiond this project then i think its needs to be freeware.Or the guy you mentiond has to start the scenery from scratch.
Everything he has done so far has been freeware. I guess it's up to the folks who have already done the work to decide what they want to do. I just know he's a teenager with a dream to fly and this might be a way for him to earn some money. The project was intended as payware and I would have no problem if it got released that way. I don't think it matters if another member were simply added to the original design team to get it finished. Anyway, it was just a suggestion

I dont remember were it read it from or when I saw it. but I believe something happened to the original designer personal problems possible health related or something else. most likely the reason for not giving permission to release it as is.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I dont remember were it read it from or when I saw it. but I believe something happened to the original designer personal problems possible health related or something else. most likely the reason for not giving permission to release it as is.
Yes, I read the same thing too. But as I understand it, some members of the design team are still active and I was hoping that they might see our discussion and at least consider the possibility of allowing someone else to finish it up for them. It's really no big deal to me - I'm not even sure if my PC could handle another complex add-on so close to FlyTampa's KSEA. But judging from the screenshots, it just seemed such a shame for all that hard and excellent work to go to waste. It strikes me as a "win-win" situation.

Guest simmer9304

The problem is that the BFI scenery is probably tangled in issues on whether it can be released or not. The designer of it does hold claim to it and if they release it and he shows up in a year angry that it was released unfinished or that they gave it to somebody else to finish then there can be a world of problems.In addition it's 4 years old and is probably lacking several newer design techniques, from these screens it looks like it's missing ambient shadow and blending on the buildings and the aerial photo doesn't really 'blend' with the surrounding scenery.It looks fantastic for being unfinished but the tangle of issues surrounding it may prevent it from ever being released.