Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The best seaplane for FS9

What could be the best seaplane for FS9? I'm thinking about single engine plane. If it can also be used as a land and ski plane it is an clear advantage. What is the best available addon?

The Cessna 206 from Carenado is great, but no skis however.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>What could be the best seaplane for FS9? I'm thinking about>single engine plane. If it can also be used as a land and ski>plane it is an clear advantage. What is the best available>addon?---------------------------------I wanted a good float plane and could not be more happy with the Carenado **Cessna U206G Station Air 6 Full Pack**. You get this six seat high-wing beauty with two versions of floats, versions as a cargo, and versions solely based for land operations.The plane is highly detailed, the sound package is great,...wait until you run up the three-blade prop on the 300 HP engine...and the instrument panel is also very, very nice and complete.The added bonus is that you can port this package right over to FSX and with the special program that comes with the package, it rewrites what it needs to so you don't have a gimp FS9 conversion, with things not usable in FSX. The FSX version will be as if having been created for FSX.You get a lot of versions of this plane for just under $30.00 USD.Cheers,Mitch

Guest nick46

Bill Lyons has a few which are great seaplanes. Try them some time.Barry Blaisdell also has some wonderful DHC seaplanes and amphibians, many have won awards.

The Realairsimulations SCOUT package is the best IMHO.Tried them all,just that,TRIED them all. Love the Amphibian andHolger's scenery.Bill P

Guest JamesMc

Maule (Free) Porter PC-6 (Pay)

>I wanted a good float plane and could not be more happy with>the Carenado **Cessna U206G Station Air 6 Full Pack**. You>get this six seat high-wing beauty with two versions of>floats, versions as a cargo, and versions solely based for>land operations.>>The plane is highly detailed, the sound package is>great,...wait until you run up the three-blade prop on the 300>HP engine...and the instrument panel is also very, very nice>and complete.>I already have a plane from Carenado the C182RG and that product I like much. So I suppose this U206 is of equal good quality.

>The Realairsimulations SCOUT package is the best IMHO.Already got it and didn't quite like it. It has no 2D panel.

Guest aca_dia

Depends on the purpose. As mentioned above either the FSD PC6 or Carenado 206. Both are great. The PC6 has wheels, floats, & skis. Also the RealAir Scout gets a best in class for a tandem sized aircraft. No 2D panel, but the VC is crisper than most 2D panels so you can use it either way!

"Best" is really a subjective determination, and it depends heavily upon what your needs are. For instance, I "fly" exclusively within the FSE (www.fseconomy.com) "universe" and operate a string of FBOs in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan, 3/4 of which are seaplane bases. For my purposes, maximum profitability is obtained running the circuit with the 208 amphib. There are two payware 208s available, and neither really thrilled me, so I packed the FS9 defaults full of RealityXP gauges and I'm happy. I also have the Carenado 206 model and it is fantastic...wheeled and amphib versions, great 2D and VC panels, sounds. The only thing I don't like about it is the Navomatic (but I'm spoiled by the STEC in the RealityXP package and the ESD Columbia 400). On the other hand, for low and slow sight-seeing (and carrying a single paying passenger..haha), I like the Aerosoft Super Cubs. Great little package. There are a lot of possibilities, but I think the ultimate decision you make will depend on what it is you're looking to accomplish. Good luck, regardless!

>Depends on the purpose. As mentioned above either the FSDMy first and immidiate purpose would be to fly in scenery like Misty fjords (which I have) and maybe Tongass fjords (consider buying). Here sea bases are abundant so I ask for a seaplane.

>There are two payware 208s available, and neither really>thrilled me, so I packed the FS9 defaults full of RealityXPI might point out that I have the FLN and FLT RealityXP gaugesand I'm considering their 430XP and/or 530XP.>gauges and I'm happy. I also have the Carenado 206 model and>it is fantastic...wheeled and amphib versions, great 2D and VC>panels, sounds. The only thing I don't like about it is the>Navomatic (but I'm spoiled by the STEC in the RealityXP>package and the ESD Columbia 400). >What is this Navomatic and what's wrong about it?

Guest fullstoplanding

I have the PC Aviator catalog which came just the other day. PC Aviator is, I believe, the retail operation of Computer Pilot magazine and they offer the Aeosoft DHC2 Beaver for USD$29.95 with 5% discount for magazine subscribers of which I am. I was going to start this off as a new topic asking for yeas and nays re this program,but instead does any one have this Aerosoft version of the Beaver and would care to comment? Thanks.--Roger