Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The best seaplane for FS9

>I might point out that I have the FLN and FLT RealityXP>gauges and I'm considering their 430XP and/or 530XP.That's what I did...pulled out the debit card and went full hog with the FLT, FLN, 430, 530 and Garmin Professional (so I can crossfill and use other neat functions I'll never use...heh). I have them all packed in the default 208 and (other than the VC stack being an issue), I am happy with them.>What is this Navomatic and what's wrong about it?Navomatic is Cessna's autopilot. It has HDG and NAV/GPS modes, but that's pretty much it (I think). I don't see where it has the ability to hold altitude or VS, which makes it of limited value for my needs. This is not a shortcoming of Carenado, though, as I think they've faithfully recreated the real-world unit.Let me repeat, the Carenado 206 (Full Pack) is exceedingly nice. It is my favorite light GA add-on, and is only 2nd to the Cheyenne 400LS (my first payware purchase) in my hangar. I wish Carenado would do a 208 to the same level that they've done the 206.

Guest neslesman

The 206 and Beaver are fantastic and the Scout is cool too but I seldom ever think to use it for amphib because I always use these other two. I always forget that great Maule too and then there is the Dornier.Don't forget the Aerosoft Super Cub. Easily the best $10 you can spend for FS9, not including super sale items.

I fly the FS9 Aerosoft Beaver and I like it quite a bit. It comes in many variations and paints, handles well, has a good sound package.2 complaints,It comes with 2 sets of panels, 1 "old" and 1 modern. Each set has 2 panels in it, 1 gives better visibility, 1 adds switches that you typically don't use often, light etc. The complaint (minor) is that it took me a bit to get use to switching back and forth because you have to turn the short panel off and then turn on the tall panel or you see both. Kind of awkward. On the plus side I like being able to click on the tach and MP gauge and get popups for them, helps in fine tuning power settings.The 2nd complaint is I was very disappointed to buy this package, my first payware airplane, fire it up, and see sitting there on the panel this big, ugly, cowl shutter knob. Beavers don't have cowl shutters! This might seem a bit picky, just that I had been happy with freeware planes, and kept reading in forums how much more realistic payware planes were than freeware and default. Guess you can't believe everything you read.Outside of that I do like the plane. Now if you will excuse me I have to return this soapbox.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

>>What is this Navomatic and what's wrong about it?>>Navomatic is Cessna's autopilot. It has HDG and NAV/GPS>modes, but that's pretty much it (I think). I don't see where>it has the ability to hold altitude or VS, which makes it of>limited value for my needs. This is not a shortcoming of>Carenado, though, as I think they've faithfully recreated the>real-world unit.>Yes I found out that and I have this Navomatic in my C182RG and I miss the altitude hold feature. But of course we shouldn't complain since we do strive for realism. But I find it strange that an autopilot can fly a approach but don't hold the altitude.>Let me repeat, the Carenado 206 (Full Pack) is exceedingly>nice. It is my favorite light GA add-on, and is only 2nd to>the Cheyenne 400LS (my first payware purchase) in my hangar. >I wish Carenado would do a 208 to the same level that they've>done the 206. After looking at this Carenado 206 I'm more and more of the impression that it resembles the Carenado 182RG very much. For example the panel looks very similar. Is it like buying another 182 for amphibious use?

>The 206 and Beaver are fantastic and the Scout is cool too>but I seldom ever think to use it for amphib because I always>use these other two. I always forget that great Maule too and>then there is the Dornier.>What Dornier do you mean? I'm only aware of the Digital Aviation Dornier Do-27. But a amphibious Dornier?

Beaver,Scout,A36 on floats is a dream.JoseCFI,CFII

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest tatest

I like to fly, and collect, seaplanes and amphibians in FS9, in a 1930's to 1950's world.My favorite is the Sikorsky S-43 from the Golden Hawaii package (Custom Classics, Bill Lyons). Lyons has some other nice seaplane models, like an Apache, and the Stinson Reliant.But if you want a single engine floatplane also available on wheels and skis, I recommend the Champ package from Long Island Classics. If you seek something more suitable to a modern environment with ATC and occasional IFR, Long Island Classics has a Scout.I'm pretty sure all of these will be in the library here.