Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

VTBS - Bangkok

I'm trying to get hold of the airport scenery for the new Bangkok airport (VTBS) but the only place I can locate it is at Siamavsim.com. Only thing is, much of the pertinent info on the website is in Thai and I'm not able to get it translated. Is there someplace else to get the scenery file? It's not on AVSIM or Flightsim.com. I really need this for a lot of my AI flightplans.Much thanks

I think you have to register on the site first, then download and install the VTBS-2006 in the usual way. IIRC there were a couple glitches when first released but these were fixed.scott s..

It is nice, isn't it. One thing though. Do you know how to get AI to appear there? I've no idea how to do this :-(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

when I loaded the airport it was loaded with AI's. If the airport is showing in your scenery and you have your AI's 'scheduled' to VTBS, they should be there. Are you sure they're not still going to the older VTBD airport?

>when I loaded the airport it was loaded with AI's. If the>airport is showing in your scenery and you have your AI's>'scheduled' to VTBS, they should be there. Are you sure>they're not still going to the older VTBD airport?I'm sure that they are still going to VTBD :-) VTBS (I was there for real last year - a great airport) is like a desert. How do I tell them to go to VTBS?

Gavin Barbara

It's best to go into AI Travel Mover and the ones that are going to VTBD, just go in and change their destination to VTBS. You may not want to change ALL of them or this airport will be overloaded. I have mine split up. Make sure that VTBS shows in your 'airport.txt' file or you will get an error when you try to re-compile the traffic.

Guest ha5mvo

Download TTools, decompile the traffic file, open the flightplans file with wordpad and replace all VTBD with VTBS. Then compile again...and the traffic should be diverted...

>Download TTools, decompile the traffic file, open the>flightplans file with wordpad and replace all VTBD with VTBS.>Then compile again...and the traffic should be diverted...Do all real-world flights now use the new VTBS as apposed to the old VTBD then ?Gary

Guest fortunato_guadalupi

Hi all,is there anyone who could help me creating a .BGL file which allows to DUPLICATE the same traffic I still have on VTBD, to work ALSO in VTBS?.I use Ultimate Traffic and I do have a fantastic file which allows me to see traffic both in VHHH and Kai Tak (VHXX).That would be great to have it also for BKK.By the way, there's a lovely AI workink file with .exe which works perfectly in VTBD and it is downloadable from SiamAvsim.Should you need it, I can attach it.Please let me know.Look forward to getting a reply.Fortunato

so you want the same AI flights to go to both airports? mmmm, not sure about that one.But tell me about Kai Tak. How do the AI's perform there? Are they able to execute the 'checkerboard' approach without crashing into the mountain? I've been using the new airport since Kai Tak closed.

Guest fortunato_guadalupi

Yes mate,the file is called Curved Approaches and has bben created by a German Guy, Marcel who used to sell it first and then out it free.It is lovely and works perfectly.Take a lookhttp://www.curved-approaches.de/Look forward to hearing from you soonF

>Download TTools, decompile the traffic file, open the>flightplans file with wordpad and replace all VTBD with VTBS.>Then compile again...and the traffic should be diverted...Thanks!

Gavin Barbara