Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

VTBS - Bangkok

Guest fortunato_guadalupi

Thanks Mate,but this is not what I am looking for.I do not want traffic to be diverted. I would like it to have it working BOTH in VTBD and VTBS.With UT, it's easy to divert it, without opening it. It's just a matter of chanhing assignment.I would really love to have life in the two beloved BKK airports.Thanks againF

But if you do that, I think you'll probably also have to have two aircraft at the departure airport leaving at the same time. Just say there is a Qantas flight set to arrive at VTBD AND VTBS like you want. But then you'll also have to put up with two Qantas planes leaving Sydney (one for VTBD and one for VTBS) earlier that day (even though there should really be only one).So you'll see double traffic at airports that have flights going to or from of Bangkok.Subs

Guest ha5mvo

Speedbyrd had made a good point about overloading the airport.If you have AITM and are comfortable with using it,then it might be the better suggestion.I use multiple bgl files, so I just diverted the flights in the bigger one leaving about 1/3 of the traffic in the old VTBD.Overloading (i.e having more aircraft than the airports AFCAD parking capacity) will not only cause planes to disappear and do all sorts of strange things, but might also significantly degrade performance.

>Yes mate,>the file is called Curved Approaches and has bben created by a>German Guy, Marcel who used to sell it first and then out it>free.>It is lovely and works perfectly.>>Take a look>>http://www.curved-approaches.de/>>Look forward to hearing from you soon>>FBummer. I guess this isn't for sale any more,per the website. Anyone have to a link to someplace this is selling it?Thanks

If you are CX lover, you may also wish to visit this site:http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.htmlHowever, no trace of the "curved approach" file.I have one which works with Ultimate Traffic and with Flightsoft Kai Tak.With Marcel's permission, I'll be glad to send it to anyone requesting it.CheersFortunato

>If you are CX lover, you may also wish to visit this site:>>http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html>>However, no trace of the "curved approach" file.>I have one which works with Ultimate Traffic and with>Flightsoft Kai Tak.>With Marcel's permission, I'll be glad to send it to anyone>requesting it.>>Cheers>>FortunatoWill it work with the standard FS 9? I'm not using Ultimate Traffic or the Flightsoft addon. I'll be glad to try it out if you'd be so kind. I did find the Kai Tak scenery mentioned at CalClassics, but this removes the Chep Lak airport which I don't want to do either.Thanks

Yes, of course.However it has been designed specifically for Flightsoft Kai Tak and Ultimate traffic.As you can see from the website, Marcel was offering 4 combinations:Default Kai Tak/Default Traffic;Default Kai Tak/My Traffic;Flightsoft Kai/Tak/Default Traffic;Flighsoft Kai Tak/My Traffic.Then, I approached him and requested if he could make it also for UT, suggesting him to increase his business with a larger base of possibilities.In two days he sent me the newly compiled file and published on his website another two combinations:Default Kai Tak/Ultimate Traffic;Flightsoft Kai Tak/Ultimate Traffic.Therefore, I fear the version in my possession may not work well or at all.Unfortunately, I tried to contact Marcel again, but didn't reply. Hope everything is fine with him, as he has been very nice.As far as CLK is concerned, you should use vhhh 2005 by Thomas Wong with an appropriate afcad and rest assured it is a lovely experience.Please let me know.CheersFortunato

I have a very nice VHHH which I've been using for a while and it's really nice. May be the one you're talking about. I'll let Kai Tak sit on hold for a while unless you hear something. Meanwhile I have to fuel up for my flight from ZBAA to RJAA. :)

As u wish.Happy flightFortunato

Guest nigelg

Just for information, all international flights and "connecting" internal flights now go through Suvarnabhumi (pronounced Suwarnapoom). Initially Don Muang was closed completely but has been re-opened for some internal airlines flights (Thai, Nok and One-Two-Go) plus some military flights.Shame really, I used to love the way the golf course runs between the runways at Don Muang, with the golfers waiting at the traffic lights whilst a 747 crossed over the course. Are there any other airports with a golf course in the middle?Nigel

I don't know about in the middle but Palm Springs, CA has them all around. They even have golf courses in a 'wash' right near KPSP. That town is just too golf crazy.

Guest Menno

Was looking for this. Many thanks. Two major problems though;Runways and aprons are whiteTerminal, gate's and ground traffic stays grey.Anyone know how to solve this?