Sign in to follow this  
Guest DP1

Carenado Mooney

Guest DP1

I'm stumped on how to select a frequency on either Nav2 & Comm2 and how to select the altitude in the AP, without just hovering the mouse over the readout,am I missing somethings? DP1

Try getting rid of the standby frequencies for Comm 2 and Nav 2 in the radio section of the aircraft cfg.

Guest Frank155

>Try getting rid of the standby frequencies for Comm 2 and Nav>2 in the radio section of the aircraft cfg.What exactly do I need to change in the radio section? Sorry, I am no cfg expert.[Radios]// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1 Com.1=1, 1 Com.2=1, 1 Nav.1=1, 1, 1 Nav.2=1, 1, 0 Adf.1=1 Transponder.1=1 Marker.1=1

Guest DP1

EdThank you that edit worked.Frank155Edit the comm2 & nav2 lines. Replace the second 1's with zeros. Note all other lines remain untouchedBefore you do anything backup your unchanged aircraft.cfg file so you can return to original if you need to.

Guest Frank155

Ed and DP1, thnx it workedI really like the Mooney :)

Guest DP1

Has anyone got any ideas about the auto pilot altitude selection?

Guest neslesman

"Has anyone got any ideas about the auto pilot altitude selection"I've had no problem with that. Can't remember if I clicked/wheeled the knob or the numbers but it worked fine and took me to 11,500 at the prescribed rate, it stopped asceneding and then held the altitude.Either way all this stuff will be fixed in a week or two. Better they wait a bit until they get all the feedback rather than issuing Update1......Update2......Update3 .......Update 3.1a.b2..... Ignore all previous updates and just use SP4. I hate that and some developers are real bad for not getting things right the first,second, third...................................etc.

Guest DP1

Carenado's patch has addressed the radio edit discussed above & a trim gauge. They were fast to fine tune this great aircraft. I'm still wondering how the auto pilot altitude selection is supposed to work? My observations are;1. Using the Up/Down buttons will adjust vertical rate to suit & will work by itself with the AP "on" (no other buttons engaged).2. The Altitude can be adjusted by hovering the mouse over the numbers & using the mouse wheel (hardly realistic, but it will work). I would have thought Carenado would have supplied a knob or button to adjust altitude, if altitude is suposed to be adjusted.3. Use the Up/Down buttons to climb or descend at a set rate then, with altitude at zero, then bring the climb or descent to zero will level the aircraft.I'm not sure if the AP is suposed to emulate a full two axis AP or some sort of limited AP? Has anyone got any ideas?DP1

Guest delta_one

Hi, there's another thread about the carenado mooney and it seems that only a single axis autopilot is modeled just like in the real plane.

I believe with the exception of having to use the up/down bottons to set your rate of climb/desent, the autopilot works the same as the default Cessna.Tom

Or, with the help of the inexpensive Friendly Panel Instrument and GPS Pack, you cab get much better functionality by installing upgraded avionic radios....well worth it in my opinion....(yea, I put some RXP stuff in there too)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180477.jpg;)

>Or, with the help of the inexpensive Friendly Panel>Instrument and GPS Pack, you cab get much better functionality>by installing upgraded avionic radios....well worth it in my>opinion....(yea, I put some RXP stuff in there too)>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180477.jpg>>;)>Brian, are you going to make that panel.cfg available somewhere? I'd LOVE to do that mod on mine, except putting the RXP GNS 530 in there in place of the Simflyers one. But I have the rest of the stuff in your picture--the RXP FLT/FLN, and the Friendly Panels radios (which, IMO, are one of the most underrated inexpensive addons out there). I know the night-lighting won't work correctly with the landing lights on, but for that functionality, I don't care! :)Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

>Brian, are you going to make that panel.cfg available>somewhere? I'd LOVE to do that mod on mine, except putting>the RXP GNS 530 in there in place of the Simflyers one. But I>have the rest of the stuff in your picture--the RXP FLT/FLN,>and the Friendly Panels radios (which, IMO, are one of the>most underrated inexpensive addons out there). I know the>night-lighting won't work correctly with the landing lights>on, but for that functionality, I don't care! :)>>Lewis "Moose" Gregory>Durham, North CarolinaSure Moose, I can post a link of it here.Keep in mind, I am flying the Mooney in FSX, thus I have the Friendly Panel 530 in this panel (anxiously awaiting the FSX version on the 430/530), along with the newest FSX compatible RXP stuff, but the config swap would be easy to do in Notepad, or similar.I also only fly in VC, so I don't have this set-up for the 2D panel, and finally, you can see the famous 'Carenado shift' right at the bottom of the FP Bendix NAV/COM radio, but it functions just fine as is.I have a meeting, but can post a link to the config later this evening.Oh yea, and I agree, the Friendly Panel stuff is really really nice. And you cannot beat the price! ;)