Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris1973

Loss of Autogen Alpha Fading in FS9?

Hello,I just recognized that I somehow lost Autogen Alpha Fading in FS9, somewhere, somehow, lately, and I miss it, as Autogen is popping up now almost as *ugly* as in FSX.I think I remember that it worked before I upgraded to a 8800GT card and 169.02 drivers. OS = XP. Driver issue? Geforce 8 cards no longer support Alpha Fading in FS9?It's strange. Anyone else missing alpha fading?I don't know if thats the correct forum, if not, would the moderator be so kind to move the topic? Thank you.Thank you & Cheers,Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chris, Oddly enough I just noticed this too last night on my rig. I have just finished up with a laborious, clean install of Fs9 including all add-ons and didn't have the alpha fade, so I'm curious as to what might cause this.....driver related? I tested my new hard drive with HD Tach and the burst and avg read speeds are faster than a Raptor, so that can't be it. I have my TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT set to 160 in the CFG. Anyone with some ideas? Thanks. Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 7.10's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Looks like my problem was a driver problem. I had the 169.04 Beta driver installed, by mistake. With the 169.02, I got the fading back.