Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AI Smooth shuts down at RKSI :(

For whatever reason, AM Smooth V1.20 doesn't like directing traffic at RKSI (Incheon). At about 20 miles out I get that error "AI SMooth has encountered and error... bla bla bla" and off she goes. Haven't noticed it at any other airports I've visited. It was working great. I haven't monkeyed with many of the settings and I'm using the default airport with an updated AFCAD. Anyone else running into a problem here? Need help. Got jets piling up at Incheon! ;)Thanks,

tried that and 2 other AFCADS. Still shuts down. Once I fly out of the area, I can start it and it runs fine. Now I do have a s---load of aircraft in and out of this airport. Maybe it's possible that there's more aircraft than it can handle? Before Smooth shuts down it tell me it's monitoring 70+ aircraft.

Guest ha5mvo

speedbyrdDid you make any changes to the default settings in AI Smooth?

yes. several. I extended the approach fix to 12 miles, increased distance of AI to landing aircraft to 8 miles; turned off user aircraft response; changed angle of intercept to 25 deg; increased minimum separation time to 75 sec. The default values were very low, like 3 miles between aircraft; separation time 60 sec, etc. Should I put them back or what settings to you guys recommend? So far I've only run into a problem at this one airport. It may also have to do with RKSS (Gimpo) also fielding a lot of traffic and the two airports are pretty close together.

Guest ha5mvo

>yes. several. I extended the approach fix to 12 miles,>increased distance of AI to landing aircraft to 8 miles; >turned off user aircraft response; changed angle of intercept>to 25 deg; increased minimum separation time to 75 sec. >>The default values were very low, like 3 miles between>aircraft; separation time 60 sec, etc. Should I put them>back or what settings to you guys recommend? So far I've>only run into a problem at this one airport. It may also have>to do with RKSS (Gimpo) also fielding a lot of traffic and the>two airports are pretty close together.The same type of crash happened to me (RJAA it was if I'm not mistaken) when I applied some changes to the default values. My own custom values were not much different than yours as a matter of fact.I'm sorry I can't provide a more intelligent explanation other than "this happens to me as well". Also I can confirm that it does not happen everywhere. The RJAA scenario is fairly similar to your RKSI/RKSS. On the other hand, I had no problem in either VTBD/VTBS or London EGLL...Best way to go about it, I think, is to try and return to the default values. If indeed this will prevent the crash, then we have identified the culprit.

>>yes. several. I extended the approach fix to 12 miles,>>increased distance of AI to landing aircraft to 8 miles; >>turned off user aircraft response; changed angle of>intercept>>to 25 deg; increased minimum separation time to 75 sec. >>>>The default values were very low, like 3 miles between>>aircraft; separation time 60 sec, etc. Should I put them>>back or what settings to you guys recommend? So far I've>>only run into a problem at this one airport. It may also>have>>to do with RKSS (Gimpo) also fielding a lot of traffic and>the>>two airports are pretty close together.>>>The same type of crash happened to me (RJAA it was if I'm not>mistaken) when I applied some changes to the default values.>My own custom values were not much different than yours as a>matter of fact.>>I'm sorry I can't provide a more intelligent explanation other>than "this happens to me as well". Also I can confirm that it>does not happen everywhere. The RJAA scenario is fairly>similar to your RKSI/RKSS. On the other hand, I had no problem>in either VTBD/VTBS or London EGLL...>Best way to go about it, I think, is to try and return to the>default values. If indeed this will prevent the crash, then we>have identified the culprit.I concur with your diagnosis. There's a similar amount of traffic at RJAA/RJTT as there is at RKSI/RKSS. It's starting to fit now.

Guest qballbandit

I wish you luck Speedbyrd, as I can not get AISmooth to work with my LD-767. Works with any other plane I fly, just not the LD bird. I have tried forever to fix it, even using one suggestion in this thread (disable own aircraft following, or whatever it's called) to no avail. Hope you get yours working, Neil :-)

oh yea I never have a problem with it working with any of my planes. I'm using the SGA, Commercial Level and Overland models mostly. Have very good luck with them.