Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Approach Plates for Innsbruck, Austria

Hi there, Anyone know where to find some realistic approach plates for Innsbruck, Austria. ATC appears to bring you in too high, which means you have to dive for the runway on final.Thanks,J.C. (MYNN)

Are you searching for this?Regards,Cees

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey J.C.I just shot an approach into Innsbruck during OneSky2 operations by VATSIM. Coming from the North, and following the STAR as assigned by the APP controller, I flew over Salzburg, then pretty much direct RTT NDB (Ratenberg, I tihnk), then heading 211 to intercept the localizer.From what I remember, I had to keep 9,500' until on the localizer, 17.2nm out, then I could start the descent.Innsbruck is in a valley, and you do have to arrive real high to make sure you don't have one of those situations where some of the molecules from your plane mix with some molecules from a mountain. Usually the product from this "chemical" reaction is no good.If you fly online, and want a partner in your next APP, let me know, at fabiomiguez@hotmail.com

Hello there,Innsbruck (LOWI) is a very difficult Airport. In real life there is a special Crew & Aircraft Authorization necessary.Let me explain the approach:1.) LOC DME EAST (normal procedure) Approach. This is the most flying approach:IAF (Initial Approach Fix) is RTT NDB, maintain 9500' (Rattenberg), after RTT turn hdg 211

Thanks, Michael! I've flown this often and knew the basics of the approach, but your refinements above answer a lot of niggly questions. Those 'cumulus granitis' got a little close sometimes, but with your advice my passengers may panic a little less ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Yes, thank you very much Michael. For those of you who don't know, these procedures are also outlined in the charts package that is available at the FIR Wien website, on Michael's signature.Hey, Michael, since we are all talking about this, how about we get some of the people in this thread, and possibly some friends, and shoot approaches into LOWI? How about this weekend, anyone gonna be available to control? Or is there a regular time for the controllers at LOWI?And I love the Cumulus Granitus definition :-lol

Good evening Fabio,Of course LOWI is often staffed by Controllers of FIR Wien (LOWI has awesome movements on the VATSIM Network :-))I cannot exactly tell you the time Controllers are online at LOWI, but if you organize a group (starting at five Acfts) and you inform me about date / time of a flight to / from LOWI I will organize all necessary controller positions :-)Just go to http://www.firwien.at and write a mail to me (you will find the Mailadress under "Contact"Maybe I also have some LOWI Charts which aren't public on the website for you ;-)RegardsMichael

Guest Fabio Miguez

Thanks Michael.I'll work on it. In the meantime, anyone interested in this flight can contact me through here, ICQ 2339926, or Messenger and e-mail at fabiomiguez@hotmail.com