Sign in to follow this  
Guest brunosvm

FSX water reflections in FS9

Guest brunosvm

Hi guys, I bought FSX a couple weeks ago and I'm not very pleased with its performance on my system. My FS9 looks ways better - and runs much faster - with all the add-ons I have. The only thing I LOVE about FSX are the water mirror reflections. Is there a way to transfer those into FS9? Has anyone tried it? The trees and lights reflected on the water are breath taking... Anyway, you guys' help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forums!Let me just tell you that am sorry that FSX doesn't perform well. The fact is, you either need a really powerful hardware - something in the sizes of mine or faster (Quads, GTX...), or you can try turning your sliders down. Problem is, for water to look that way, you need to turn water slider up, which decreases performance badly.Shortly said, there is not much you can do.FS9 *DOES* run faster, is the reason why I am still using it, and because of the addons. I am though missing high resolution textures from FSX and also the water. Couldn't care less about the bloom though...In AVSIM library, there are I think some textures that emulate clouds being refected, but IMO, that is just so fake and you also don't get trees and ground reflected in it. So what's the point.My suggestion: keep FS9 and enjoy it. Install FSX on the side, and use it occasionally until you make a BIG upgrade, whatever hardware you have.

Hi GuysSame with me here..I miss those FSX water textures but I have had to come back to FS9. My system is not up to the job of running FSX...hoping to get a new system in the new year. I mainly fly Digital Aviation's Piper Cheyenne, it runs very very smooth on my pc.RegardsPaul

Regards

Paul EGCC

I also like FSX water mirror reflections .But after a test period with FSX i understoodthat the only way to get FSX to perfom better was to wait for aMajor upgrade !! so i uninstalled it and went back to FS9. The only thing i was sure of if didnt uninstall this Flt-sim will give more frustration than joy. I have been using FS since FS98 and the switch from fs9-fsx was comperable to the "update" fs98-fs2000. Anyone tried to install fs2000 on a heavy end today ?? It still stuttersi think the strongest cpu on the market at that time was a 700 800 mhz cpu :-)Sorry for bad spellingBestLennart

I have Ground Enviroment Pro. and Flight Enviroment and it seems to me to equal what you'd get in FSX. I usally use the Randomizer in FE and it changes water colors to what the might look like in that particular flight. I also use FS Genesis and Mesh. Go look at the sites for these. I have some screen shots but can't upload them. I can send them to you if you'd like. Scot.