Sign in to follow this  
Guest scoeva

CTD Crossing the Atlantic

Guest JEHDK

Scott.Could you please check your navdata - Navigraph just released cycle 0711 - and they're supporting Wilco/FT Buses again.I wouldn't rely on Wilco putting this lastest cycle into Vol.2It might be the "standard" 06xx cycle that was released with Vol. 1.Please check.Best regardsJesper

Guest scoeva

Hey GuysWell the people at Wilco released a new version of Vol.2. Version 1-B.Since I installed that version I haven't had any CTD's crossing the Pond.Hopefully this is the answer. But I have a question. How do you check to see what version you have for the FMS?ThanksScott

Scott,In the manual page 82, it says that you need to go to the data page and select A/C Status. Line 2R is the current AIRAC.Since upgrading to the 1b download, I have been experiencing the A330 getting lost when going from KMSP-EHAM. What I mean about getting lost is it just starts going in circles and then a few minutes later I get a CTD. It gets lost around the Canadian border on the way to Greenland. Have you experienced this? I never got an answer from Wilco or scoob about this. I usually fly at 4x acceleration since I don't have 8 hours to sit at the computer. What do you use for flight planning? I am using FSBuild. Can you tell me what flight plan you are flying so I can see if I can reproduce it without any errors?Thanks,Eric

Guest scoeva

Eric,Thanks for the info. I haven't experienced going in circles at all , not even with V1-a. I use the FS9 flight planner and I set up the plan as a Direct GPS and IFR. I then import the flight plan into the FMS, select the departure and arrival runways and away I go. As I had said earlier I have flown a few routes since having installed V1-b but the latest ones that I flew were CYYZ-LFPG and EGLL-CYYZ with the A330 and A340 - no problems. I usually fly at 2X rate. By the way, I also cancel my IFR flight plan with ATC at cruise alt(I also don't have time to sit for 8 hrs, nor would I even if I did). I then reactivate my IFR flight plan with ATC approx. 150nm from my destination. This way of flying may seem very basic but it works for me. Anyway I hope this works for you. If you need any more specifics, let me know.Cheers, Scott.

Well I removed all gauges from the gauge folder except the Feelthere gauges and I flew the flight last night without time acceleration and the flight still CTD. That rules out a gauge conflict and time acceleration issue. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. That's too bad too since I think these aircraft can be great but I can't seem to figure out what is causing the CTD.Eric