Sign in to follow this  
davido53

Two controllers, one problem

I have a joystick and a wheel connected to my computer...if I leave the wheel plugged it, it interferes with FS2004...if I unplug the wheel, the next time I go to run rFactor, I have to reset all the buttons and controls for the wheel...any way to disable the wheel w/o actually unplugging it from the pc?tks!

Yes. You can go into the joystick axis assignments and select the wheel. Then, unassign any axis and buttons. Then, the wheel will be recognized by fs2004, but it will do nothing. There may be a way to disable it right in the fs2004 config, but I'm not sure about this. Unassigning the axis will work for sure.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I have to admit.. I've never run into this problem before!I have both a Saitek AV8R joystick (for flying Airbus aircraft) and a CH ProFlight Yoke (for Boeings and GA aircraft) and I keep both of them plugged in at the same time and I've not had any conflicts between the two. They are both USB devices so maybe that' makes a difference.Are your yoke and wheel both USB devices? If one is USB and the other uses an analog gameport, it might increase the likelihood of a conflict... I just don't know...You might try disabling the wheel in the Windows Game Controllers setting when you use FS2004 and re-0enabling it before you run rFactor.Sorry I couldn't be of more specific help!!- Alex

They are both USB devices...in windows controller, it looks like I only have the option to uninstall the wheel, which I am afraid will cause me to lose my settings in the racing sim...

Some joysticks will interfere, USB or not. Depends on what they are assigned to. For example if fs2004 thinks the wheel is a rudder, any other rudder input will center all the time if the wheel is centered. I had that fun problem awhile back. The rudder would move, then snap back into place. Just make sure every axis and button is unassigned and you should be fine.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Here's how I handle the situation> I have a yoke (gameport) and a joystick (gameport with a USB pigtail) and have had conflicts in FS9 when both are connected. When using the joystick I 'remove' the yoke in the game control applet in XP's control panel. When I want to use the yoke, I do just the opposite. The system should remember all control settings even if the controller was removed and then reinstalled.To assure that no changes do occur I assign all commands using FSUIPC (reg. ver.) by checking the aircraft specific box. Or, create a specific CFG exe file that is unique to the particular aircraft. I need to do this since programming one of my aircraft's controls causes the aircraft to behave wildly if programmed using FSUIPC. Now I don't know about your games though. I only use Flight Simulator and what I do as outlined above works perfectly for me.Hope all works out for you.Jim D.

Hi,I use this line in my FS9.cfg:LOCKED=1This prevents any changes or re-assignments of the controllers axis and buttons by the sim itself (which happens sometimes) Here is a fragment from one of my many FS9.cfg files... I went to the extremes, deleted any and all setting for my Saitek Yoke, additional Saitek THQ, CH analog pedals and Saitek X-45 joystick and set everything in FSUIPC. Yes, all controllers coexist peacefully. :).*** all leftmost and rightmost brackets should be square, of course ***..(DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX .0)Mode=1280x960x32TriLinear=1(DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX .1)Mode=1280x960x32TriLinear=1(JOYSTICK_MAIN {1C8573C0-8553-11DC-8001-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_SLEW {1C8573C0-8553-11DC-8001-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_MAIN {8B4A3700-DE23-11DB-8001-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_SLEW {8B4A3700-DE23-11DB-8001-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_MAIN {1C8573C0-8553-11DC-8002-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_SLEW {1C8573C0-8553-11DC-8002-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_MAIN {1C8573C0-8553-11DC-8003-444553540000})LOCKED=1(JOYSTICK_SLEW {1C8573C0-8553-11DC-8003-444553540000})LOCKED=1(KEYBOARD_MAIN)SELECT_1=49,8....Regards,Jure