Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic won't take off at Yellowknife

Hi, I just completed my first flightplan. One of the stops includes Yellowknife(CYZF). When viewing for the first time, I noticed that the traffic will just stop at the end of rwy 33, not even notifying ATC of impending take-off. Ground control clears my traffic to follow rwy 9 and rwy 15 to RWY 33. Basically, the plane follows these runways just fine but when it turns around at the threshold of rwy 33, it just stays there, no movement. How can I get past this stalemate ?Thanks,Jamie

Guest ssurjap

There's a program that is in the files section called AFCAD which should take care of this problem.Of course, you can always, just go ahead of it (in other words, taxi to the runway in front of it) and ask for clearance

AFCAD, I know about and the problem seemed to be where the stock airport by MS had placed it's hold node. I altered the location and now no problem.

Guest Rockcliffe

Good thing. You wouldn't want to be stuck in Yellowknife.BlairCYOW

Hilarious, good one. Have you seen the default scenery ? It(Yellowknife) sits in a MS-created valley. I can only imagine the AI Traffic crashing while coming in from the north. Take a look at how the airport is situated in accordance with the local terrain. If I flew up there regularly I would want this depression fixed !Jamie CYYC

Guest Rockcliffe

My first visit was in Mike Stone's 727 that I had repainted in First Air's livery. I think I scraped the paint as I tried to climb over the embankment at the end of the runway! Iqaluit is a much nicer place to fly to if you're interested in Arctic flying.BTW, ever tried visiting Banff?Blair

Banff! Yeah, what an awful display of "topographical misaligned diarhea". Don't like that one either. Maybe its almost time for a thread that shows highlights of MS's foul-ups aroung the FS world.