Sign in to follow this  
Guest ASibley

Flight Factory SAAB 340 need info

If you can't find the Flight Factory one, Aerosim has a nice one that is included in their propliners package. You also get a Dash 8 Q400 and a DHC6. The only drawback is there are no repaints. It is a shame but the package is a little under the radar.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

So far as I know, no one is selling it at this point. Do a Google search for 'Flight Factory SAAb 340' ...DJ

As DJ said no one is selling which is a big pity for those of you who didn't purchase it. I think it's a brilliant add-on with a very good VC. I simply love it! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Reed203

I think there is a freeware 340 somewhere in this library or on "the other site" that was originally made for fs2002 but patched to fs9. I will take a look and see if I can find a link. I know for a fact that there is a fairly good Saab 2000 in the library with a panel to boot! (bsmps2k11.zip)

Guest Reed203

On a followup to my previous post... There is a saab 340 in the library under cea_saab340b_fs9.zip. There is also a panel by Igor Supronov available at FSnordic.net. It is for fs2002 but seems to work fine in fs9. It is an ok panel but lacks any advanced features. I dont know if you were looking for a freeware combination to replace the lost Flight Factory Saab but if you are, I think I found the best combination. Hope I was of service.

Guest Reed203

I just got a new computer so I know the feeling of thinking you backed something up but really not doing so. Glad to hear you found it. It is a shame that nobody carries it anymore because I hear it is a nice plane and fs was lacking a good 340 sim beforehand. Hopefully someone will sell it again.

>Thats too bad. I bought it but cant use it now.Just like me. I've still got it on my HD, but cannot use it since it must be activated via mail after install. And it can't anymore.The old code (used on the previous FS install) won't work.Best regards,Rafal

Rafal,Are you sure about that? I reinstalled FS9 and all my add-ons to a new PC some months ago, and had no problems with installing the Saab 340 (FFS had gone by then too).

Graeme Butler

Graeme,So, I am not sure now. I thought it was like that.But I will give it a try again and obviously report here.Thanks!Best regards,RafalP.S. It's a very nice product but, while in the VC, it has ground texture load problems for some cards users (like me with my Radeon 9800 Pro). When their forum was still active they promised to have a look at it one day but... we all know.I still hope new ATI drivers may help somehow.

Rafal,All I did was install the aircraft, then ran the Config Utility to register the gauges (you have to enter your registration code).I don't think there is any web-based activation.

Graeme Butler

Guest Lucky

Activation was easy.It just asks for your code thats it.Id try the coda again.I always back up confermations with keys and codes to my external HD or a re writable CD. I have all my keys back to FS2000.I only found that it was dificult remembering where to go in the Configerator to activate it.Best of luck ALhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Gentlemen!Just want to confirm that my Saab has been activated and is ready for test flights. :)I have followed your suggestions and tried again.The problem was so silly that I feel ashamed to admit it.So, my keycode stored in a text file was (don't know why) doubled.After watching it for a few minutes I found it to be too long.So I traced the doubled sequence, cut it off and... voila!Thank you and happy flying!By the way is anyone else experiencing the ground textures load problems while in the VC? If so, what graphic cards are you using?The only similar case I experienced was with Aerosoft's Katana VC.Ground textures remain grey/pink for a while before they load.And it is not the matter of FPS.Best regards,Rafal