Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

random blurriness

Guest sanal

Paul,I made Texture BLGD and GND changes as you recommended from 3 and 5 1& 1. Here is what happened to BLDG and GND textures. I changed back to 1 and 1 settings, but I cannot correct the Textures. Do you have any advise.Sanal

Guest sanal

Paul,I found what caused the problem . It wasn't the BLDG and GND texture numbers changes. It was caused by TEXTURE MAX_LOAD changes. MY number was 1024 and when I loaded your number 10. That is make the Texture changes including took the some airplanes paints .I made the changes back to 1024 now all OK.One other thing happened when I loaded as 10,during FS9 opening I got warning as I don't have required memory to run FS9. I made some changes and I open the FS9 with out AS and Radar Contact.I am glad I solved the problemSanal

Sanal:The value with 10 I was referring to was:right below your TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT line. (Again if not already there) ADD the line belowTextureMaxLoad=10Keep your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD at 1024Make your TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT between 200 and 400Add the TextureMaxLoad=10 as stated above.Keep your TEXTURE_BLDG and TEXTURE_GND at 3 and 5 respectively.Then let me know of the results.----------------------------------------------------------------Tunnelcat:Yes I've seen the same posts to and I've experiemented with values of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 232 plus other weird numbers. To be honest not seen to much difference with any of them. I'd suggest keeping it at 4 or 232.Thanks guysAnd again please let me know how your sims working after the changes.Paul.

Tweaking can be iffy at best sometimes, you have to find what works. The best thing I've found for speedy texture load times is to get a good third party defrag program (O@O, Diskeeper or Ultimate Defrag for example) and place FS9 on the outside sectors of the hard drive for the best performance.Kim