Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Need help . . .

Good morning,since my system was totally unstable, I cleaned up my system and it really showed me some progress . . .Then I reinstalled FS9 plus SP1 and had the following result :After I made my first settings and MINIMIZED FS9 to make other settings - and after reopening FS9 the screen went black and only the choosen airplane from FS9 was turning around in a small window ! No mouse was seen anymore and the ONLY possibility was to open the task mgr and close the FS9 task - a window came up : The program does not work anymore and close it immediately.So I formatted the HDD for FS9 and reinstalled it again - now w/o the SP1 - with the same result . . . !I never had this before - I installed the FS9 already several times with no problems.Any suggestions ?Edit : I should add that NO other add-ons installed as yet !Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Karl: Having gone thru some recent problems myself, maybe I can help."since my system was totally unstable..." In what way exactly was it unstable? That sounds like more of a hardware problem than software. Are you sure all your hardware is working like it should? All the nuts and bolts and connections secure?"Then I reinstalled FS9 plus SP1 and had the following result :..."By SP1 do you mean the 9.1 official update?"Edit : I should add that NO other add-ons installed as yet !..."Have you tried installing any other programs beside FS9? If you have another flight sim game or any other program, such as Paint Shop Pro or the like, do those work after you try to install them?See if any of this helps...

Maybe your Mouse Driver is Missing. If you cant find the pointer, you cant change anything. Just guessin.Bill

Sounds like a graphics card driver issue. Does it work fine in full screen? Vista or XP? How about if windowed/maximized?scott s..

Hi, thanks for your help.It is not a hardware problemI narrowed it in as a graphic driver problem - but have no solution as yet . . . all the latest drivers installed, but even when I download and install the NVIDIA driver dated Nov 05 - it shows in driver details as Oct 04 . . . !I am using Vista, but the XP OEM Version is already here and I thinking about changing back to XP.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Karl-Heinz,It's certainly a graphics driver problem. I don't have Vista but I do know you have to be in Administrator mode to make system changes.However, as you're running FS9 and Vista offers no advantage to that version I suggest you reformat C and install XP.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi KH,I can't imagine there was a problem with the DVDs. Have you installed SP1 too?If things stay smooth after installing that then count your blessings. Computers can be strange things.:)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,FS9 is on CD . . .One step after the other - today SP1 - testing again . . .then add-on's - testing and so onEDP = MUP ( in german: Methode Unbekuemmeten Probierens ) which means roughly = trying without fear . . . Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi KH,<>Silly me. Of course it is.<>Love it! Good luck.:-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi your not the only one having problems, i have the exact same problem only i have a ATI X1950 XTX 512mb latest drivers installed dont know what it is FSX runs perfect but when i load FS2004 on vista and click any of the menu flashes black or if i open a module it just stays black and you can see the mouse pointer, i cant be assed moving back to XP i think i will just hang untill this is sorted

Hi Aaron,how do you expect this to be solved ?I tried again with the same result . . . I have no explanation for this !This is the FS9 forum, so I just add here that FSX just running perfect on my vista PC . . .

I really dont know mate, we need to try and find more people having this problem and get microsoft involved or something and get them pushing the graphic card providers or something i went out and purchased track ir and satiek X52 for FS and i cant even bloody use it, im well annoyed but i cant be annoyed switching back to XP it does work with FSX but there isnt alot of addons out there yet, and my pc isnt up to specs for me to play it, i will just have to wait untill i can afford it and hope that they get a fix for this, its pathetic tbh a new flight simulator and this 1 is banished already if it isnt the case it looks that way, i have searched around everywhere and there just isnt a fix for it, so good luck if you ever find something or ATI or Nvidia pull the finger out and fix this im sure i will see you in FSX lol

>After I made my first settings and MINIMIZED FS9 to make other>settings - and after reopening FS9 the screen went black and>only the choosen airplane from FS9 was turning around in a>small window ! No mouse was seen anymore I'm using Windows Vista and have the same problem. You can't see your mouse arrow, but it's still working. If you press the esc key a window will appear with the option to exit flight simulator and you can use your mouse to select yes and everything is back to normal. I have lived with this just by never minimizing this window. Once you are flying, the window can be minimized and restored without any problem. Leave it up to Microsoft to not upgrade their own programs to work with their operating system.Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004, UT-USA, ASV6, FSGen, Vista Home Premium

Art

Hey ya, great idea..... let's have MS update every version of FS so that they all work under VISTA. I wonder what kind of FPS I could get from FS2 on today's system?I wonder how many Win95 programs don't work under VISTA also? Should those be updated as well?Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/