Sign in to follow this  

Thank You to Developers

Decided to post a big THANK YOU to all those great Freeware Developers that offer so much of their personal time to develop all these great Flightsim Add-ons!Since FS2002 came out the quality of these add-ons have become allmost unbelievably detailed and complex. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and professionalism involved in some of these creations.My hat goes off to all of you.As someone that has spent too much money on Payware (still waiting for my B-25J "Briefing Time" CDROM) I am greatful for these Freeware addons, some of which are better than many of the payware add-ons, although I might add that I have been satisfied with the majority of the payware planes I have bought.A few of the newer freeware addons I am amazed at and would like to list are the following (there are many more too numerous to list such as Bill Lyons earlier freeware packages like the Bobcat; Brian Gladden's C140; the Groundcrew Design Group Swordfish; Milan Lisner's Avia B534 Czechoslovak Air Force; The Grumman Albatross by Anthony Konstantinidis; Flight One Software Inc. "Spirit of St Louis"; the Fouga CM170 Magister; FSD International's T-38; Mike Stone's many creations and many, many, more too numerous to mention).Some of the newer downloads I would like to single out for special mention are:The great DHC-6 Twin Otter's by Mauricio Illanes of Carenado and Eric Dantes.The DHC-7 Dash7 passenger and cargo by Milton Sharp and Team and their recently downloaded Areo Commander AC520 (looking forward to the other models).The AFG YS11 V2, another beauty.Greg Pepper and Team's newly downloaded Convair CV240 and CV340; Love this plane.Dave Eckert's Stearman Kaydet collection.John Woodside for his newly upgraded DH82 Tiger Moth Collection: even better with Eliezer Rice's improved add-on panel with period gauges.John L Woodward for his Lake Reegate and Republic Seabee V5.David C Copley's XP38 and P-38's.Two more aircraft I would like to mention are the Junkers JU53 Version 3 and 4: and the Ford ATC and ATC Float freeware planes. These are great and fun to fly.Holger Sandman also receives my greatful thanks for his really great and highly detailed British Columbia LOD 7 and LOD9 scenery. Living in BC I can assure evryone that these scenery files create very accurate VFR scenery.Of course evryone has different preferences with regards to add-ons but the above mention are all extremely high quality and (magic word.........FUN FUN FUN to use!).Thanks to all of the above and all the other dedicated developers that unselfishly give so much to all of us.My profound thanks to all of you.Regards............Stan (Kamloops, BC Canada)

Guest Lindy

I too want to add my thanks and appreciation to the 3rd party freeware developers......... only this time not for the planes but for the sceneries. I'm a scenery junkie and grab as many of them as catch my eye. Some of them are unbelieveably detailed such as the magnificent Las Vegas addon by "Shige" Ishii. If you drive down the main street in Vegas, he even has cars, buses, etc. sitting waiting at the traffic lights on the corner!! Then there are all the wonderful bush sceneries for Alaska, Canada and I think I have most of them. Some of the authors (certainly not all) are Naji, Don Moser, Tom Fica, Frank Betts. There are some talented newcomers as well, "GeeMan" Dale W. is one name that comes to mind. I can't neglect to mention some of the great stuff that comes from Mike Carr. There are tons of beautiful non-USA sceneries too. A stunning example is the new Sydney airport in Australia and surrounding area from Greg Archer. This has to be seen to be believed. And there are plenty more; there just isn't room enough to list everybody. These sceneries add so much more atmosphere and realism and FUN to flying. Thank you ALL for your time and effort and talent.-Lindy :-rotor:-wave

Guest Milton

Thank you Stan for considering the Dash 7 and the Aero Commander products in your list. :-)Nice company to be in there. Milton Shupe (on behalf of the Team)

Hi,Everyone on the Convair 240/340 team appreciates your kind words - glad you are enjoying them!Take care,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

No arguments with your fine post. But can I point out that many payware developers are also freeware developers. In my own case for every one addon I am involved in, I have contributed to approximately 3 freeware projects. Other developers (Steve Small for instance) regularly release freeware products in addition to payware.Please note the the B-25 for Maam Sim is a money raiser for the Mid Atlantic Air Museum and the Maam design team takes not one penny for their work.My point is that there are not just two polarised camps, but a crossover of developers designing for free and for gain at the same time. Best Regards,Rob Young

Thanks for the plug Lindy!! ;-) I agree Stan, there are so many great add ons for free, that it boggles my mind daily, it is like getting an expansion pack for the sim on a monthly basis! LOL Many of the people listed here have been an inspiration for my scenery design and I am sure for many others as well.With all the negative, nitpickyness you see and hear about on the forums (and emails), posts like this really make you realise how great this community is, good job Stan! :-beerchugRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

I appreciate the work of all developers and have bought payware planes from a number of developers partially because they have given freeware planes in addition to their payware planes; Dreamfleet and FSD being 2 of these payware developers.Also I am very sorry that I forgot 3 very good planes that should have been mentioned and that I consider amoung my favorites. They are the Updated Falcon 50 by Y Lavigne - F Banting - R Young; the Fokker 100/70 by the Fokker Project Team and the classic DC3/R4D by Jan Visser-Roy Chaffin-Bill Rainbow.As mentioned there are many more that deserve to be mentioned but I only wanted to point out how much all developers have added to our enjoyment of this hobby.Thank to all!

Guest Milton

Great point Rob. :-) I would also like to add the many less visible developers to this list. They are the flight dynamics gurus, the gauge and utility programmers. These groups are essential to our hobby, a part of the foundation critical to our support.Milton