Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacob02

Can I create my own AI Traffic?

Guest Jacob02

Hi all,I am fairly new to this forum, so I

Guest H_Kev55

Anyone can create their own traffic. And TTools is one of the programs that you will need to accomplish this task.There are also several good flight plan writing programs which make it very easy for anyone to write flight plans. And they usually have a TTools interface included.I currently use AI Flight Plan Utilities and AI Flight Plan creator.These 2 programs use each other to create the 3 text files that you'll need for TTools to generate a traffic bgl file.You can find both of these programs right here in the file library.I also use a little program called yRoute. It has various functions that will check your files for you.You'll find yRoute here: http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.htmlRemember to read each read-me file completely. They will give you detailed instructions on how to use each program.Once you get the hang of it, you'll be creating traffic for all your favorite airports.But just remember, try to find AI aircraft. Dedicated AI aircraft won't put much of a hit on your frame rates as the more detailed flyable aircraft will.There are numerous sites where you can download dedicated AI aircraft.I hope this helps you a bit.KJ

Guest Jacob02

Hi,thanks for the information and links to useful websites. It sounds a bit complicated for me and I am pretty busy now, but I will try to work my problem out as soon as possible.Jacob

Coming into Flightplan making as a beginner may seem overwhelming. I was once in this position. Nothing has been more satisfying to me than learning this process. A Major sense of accomplishment is the first time you see an Aircraft of your choice leaving from an airport you have selected at the time you planned. It's something you'll always remember. Mine was the default Ford Trimotor in FS2004 from KOPF to KEYW. I had to make it a four hour roundtrip. This aircraft was so slow and Microsofts routing for an IFR flight was so obtuse, it seldom made it to Keywest in under an Hour. Go for it!Bill