Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

Trim Control Response

Guest abz

I am using FS9 and the CH products yoke which I really like. I use the rocker switch on the left (by default) for my trim control. Some planes (like Dreamfleet Baron) respond very nicely with use of this switch. Others (Aeroworx Super King Air B200) change their pitch much to much with minimal touching of the trim switch. My question, is there somewhere, maybe in the Aircraft.cfg file that this response can be changed? Thanks, Al

Guest RonB49

Try this abz. Find the, [CONTROLS], section in your Fs9.cfg file. Here is what mine looks like.[CONTROLS]KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=10 // was 64, changed 04/06/06It has three (or more) variables; but we are interested in just these three. These variables determine how each keystoke affects each control surface. A lower number equals less effect. Notice that I changed KBDRUD from 64 to 10 to improve ground steering (make it less sensitive). You'll want to lower the value of KBDELEV.These variables are tied to the shifted NUMPAD keys but this is also what your yoke's rocker switch is using. I know this because I have the right-hand rocker on my CH yoke controling KBDRUD and thus nosewheel steering. The right-hand trigger button eauals NUMPAD shift+5 (center aileron and rudder). I changed the KBDRUD variable from 64 to 10 to improve taxi steering with the rocker switch. And, by the way, this had no effect on the pedal's Rudder Axis movement.Give it a try. I think you'll be pleased.R-

Guest abz

R: Thank you for your help. I tried your suggestion and it did not have any affect on the Aeroworx KingAir plane. The interesting thing is that all my other planes had work well before so even if this change had worked it may have made my other planes too slow to respond. But in the interim - what I found out was that this problem appears to be unique to this plane. I did find a fix however. I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and in there I had the ability to check off "Fix Control Acceleration". And this one thing fixed the problem and the other planes still work well.Also, I am very interested in how you changed your right hand CH rocker switch to control the nose wheel steering. Right now I am using my Yoke to do that. I think it would be very nice to steer separate from the yoke which of course is not realistic.Thanks, Al

Guest RonB49

"Also, I am very interested in how you changed your right handCH rocker switch to control the nose wheel steering. Right nowI am using my Yoke to do that."OK Al, here's what I did. This time, I'll show you what the yoke's Joystick section of my Fs9.cfg file looks like.[JOYSTICK_MAIN {********-****-****-****-************}]. . .BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_01=CENTER_AILER_RUDDERBUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_01=1BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_02=RUDDER_LEFTBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_03=RUDDER_RIGHTBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_04=GEAR_UPBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_05=GEAR_DOWNBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_06=FLAPS_DECRBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_07=FLAPS_INCR. . .Look for the JOYSTICK_MAIN section. I put in asterisks for the alphanumeric ID because your's will be different than mine. The first three items shown are what you asked about (buttons 01, 02, and 03). I showed you buttons 04 and 05 because most people prefer to use button 04/05 for gear up/down (rather than use a one-button toggle) and this "how-to" information is not easy to find.I hope that this is helpful to you.R-

Guest abz

R: Thanks much. Well it seems with this change, that you are actually using the rudder to control turning on the ground. Is this right? When I use my yoke, I can see the wheels turn. Using the rudder will turn the plane on the ground but the wheels stay straight ahead. Thanks for your help. I think I need to get a set of rudders.Johan: I tried this and it had no effect on this particular plane's elevator trim. But as I mentioned I got it to work using FSUIPC. It now works perfectly.Thanks, Al