Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

Water textures change color

Why does all fs9 water change suddenly from a light color to a darker blue several minutes after starting the flight? In my case, this occurs anywhere, any time of day and on any computer. I have UT USA installed, but I'm not aware of any other addon water textures. Thanks.

Art

Never seen something like that occur...maybe screenshots of both situations?

Could be a simple explanation, like clouds forming. Water colour will change to reflect changes in the sky and does become darker as clouds form.

John

I have experience this a few times. It seemed to occur at an hour change. I can only assume there are txtures assigned for light conditions that are signaled by time changes. More wild guessing on my part.Bill ;)

Two screenshots are included. One shows the lighter water while flying into the sun with fair weather in the summer. The other shows the darker water while flying into the sun with clear skies at the same time of day and season. This apparently is weather related without any logic since I was, for some reason, unable to duplicate the sudden change while in flight. Therefore, I will have to continue to research this to see if I can pin down what causes it. The on-the-hour change theory is interesting, so I will try that first.

Art

Your env_overcast file is being called for in fair weather I'm assuming. It resides in your scenery/world/texture folder... try renaming it and fly in the same situation, see if that helps, and if so, you might try a different water package or env_* file set.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Interesting, I have the same issue. Can't recall exactly when it started but during my early years of fs9 flying I did not have this problem.Unfortunately I have hundreds of scenery folder addons, messed with so much stuff in my texture folders etc. there is almost no way I can think of on how to find where the problem originates.I just put up with it, basically its just an annoyance.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3