Sign in to follow this  

an outrageous thought to say the least!!

i was talking about the FS series with a friend of mine and he said that MS would be smart to make detailed city disks for sale in their upcoming versions.these disks would have about three cities each and each city would be highly detailed--almost rivaling the actual city itself!not just generic basic structures but nearly every real life building that the city has to offer right down to the smallest corner store.yeah, i know this is a wacky thought, but i also know it could be done!!!(we came up with this idea after seeing something in NYC that should have also been in--or near--our hometown of pittsburgh.

Guest JonP01

I'd say you are right. It is a wacky idea. Not economically viable and the frame rates would be the pits :-)

Guest Wizard

Not a bad idea and probably not too fae away... With bigger faster computers and cards and some of the GMAX sceneries of the day..it might not be too bad...then we could land a plane and drive a car down the city streets and check out the sites..and never leave the farm!!!!:) :)MB

Guest panzerschiffe

The Hudson Project...wish this could be updated for FS2002. It was one of the most amazing sceneries I ever seen for FS2000 (Along with the Netherlands 2000)

The Budapest scenery recently released is pretty remarkable, too. I think the author said there are something like 30,000 accurately placed buildings...whatever it is, it looks pretty convincing to me.Jesse

>was talking about the FS series with a friend of mine and he said >that MS would be smart to make detailed city disks for sale in >their upcoming versions.Its not outrageous, in fact MS used to do this till about FS95 I think. I recall the 'MS New York', and 'MS Japan' add-on sceneries MS put out for FS5.MS got out of the add-on scenery business after that, guess it wasn't worth their trouble. I can't see them being any more successfull now, with the default scenery being as good as it is now.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

This may not be such an outrageous thought afterall. Check out this site.http://www.sceneryusa.com/Don't know of any information beyond what is offered. Been waiting to hear of any updates. If anyone knows of any news, PLEASE let us know!