Sign in to follow this  
Guest zipy44

Widescreen Monitor help

Guest zipy44

Hello, I have been enjoying FS9 for some time...but have run into a snag, Went and bought a 22 inch Acer 'Widescreen' gaming monitor. Now the panels are stretched and the gauges appear oblong. The height looks ok..but the width is far from correct. Is there a fix for this? Also I will be installing FSX onto my new system once its completed. Does FSX suffer from the same stretch effect and oblong gauges? Thanks,

Stretching is simply unavoidable. You can however resize the panel to not-streched size, and put FMC or throttle quad on the side. This is simply due to side-proportion of widescreen monitors. If you have gotten 4:3 monitor, then you wouldn't have that problem. With 16:10 monitor, you will always have it. Another possibility is to use VC - VCs do not stretch, you will see more.

That issue is why we included normal 4:3 2D Panel AND Widescreen 2D Panel in our recently released Piper Twin Comanche for FS9 or FSX.This is a first from a commercial developer and we'll continue offering this feature on future projects. Who knows, if time permits we may even go back and rebuild existing products to include this feature.Yes, it's extra work but it sure is satisfying to have the panel display properly in 2D Panel view:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest william273

now here's something to think about. i just got a 24 inch widescreen a week ago and EVERYTHING in the 2D panels are displayed correctly. a year ago i had a smaller widescreen like a 22 inch and had the same problems with the 2D panel so why is everything correct in my 24 inch? i'd like to know for future reference so i'll know what to look for. thanks, william

I'm running 2 widescreen monitors with no problem. You must set the monitor to it's navtive resolution and also choose that resolution in display options in FS9.If your video card is capable of handling both monitors at native resolution, you should be good to go.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hmm, that's a new one to us. Can't really answer.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I'm running 2 widescreen monitors with no problem. You must>set the monitor to it's navtive resolution and also choose>that resolution in display options in FS9.>>If your video card is capable of handling both monitors at>native resolution, you should be good to go.>>Bill MIf the monitor is set to native resolution of 1680X1050 and the 2D panel is designed at some 4:3 ratio such 1280X960 the 2D panel will distort if the sim setting is 1680X1050. That is the reason for our creation of 2D panels at 1680X1050.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest william273

hi ron,i'm baffled by it myself but i'll keep checking to see if someone comes up with something. william

Great to see a developer providing widescreen 2D panels. I hope more follow suit!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Great to see a developer providing widescreen 2D panels. I>hope more follow suit!>>GaryThanks Gary:-) For us it started with the purchase of a new 22" Samsung and the recogntion that LCD widescreens monitors are going to be a factor for flight simulation enthusiasts now and the foreseeable future.If developers want to accomodate their customers needs then we're sure they will follow suit. Just glad we were able to be first out of the starting gate:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>I'm running 2 widescreen monitors with no problem. You must>>set the monitor to it's navtive resolution and also choose>>that resolution in display options in FS9.>>>>If your video card is capable of handling both monitors at>>native resolution, you should be good to go.>>>>Bill M>>If the monitor is set to native resolution of 1680X1050 and>the 2D panel is designed at some 4:3 ratio such 1280X960 the>2D panel will distort if the sim setting is 1680X1050. That is>the reason for our creation of 2D panels at 1680X1050.>>Hope this helps:-)>>Hello RonMy native resolution is 1920 by 1200 on my 24" monitors. your 2D panels looks very good at my resolution. No streching or distortion.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Great to hear Bill. Are you runnning the big brother to the 226BW?Our experience with the 226BW is that 4:3 ratio 2D panels distort in FS9 and FSX.We really don't like having to undock and resize for proper display of 2D panels designed at 4:3 Ratio so included our selectable 16:9 Widescreen 2D panels along with conventional 4:3 2D panels in our recently released Piper Twin Comanche.It's extra work but the result is very satifying and eliminates the afforementioned resizing efforts. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm running 2 Dell 24 Wide monitors.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi I run wide screen on both my systems my dev rig with a Samsung 245T (24")at 1900x1200 And my gaming machine with a Samsung 305T(30")at 2560x1600. As people have said above if one runs a LCD at it's native resolution and set the display resolution in F.S to match you should not get distorted Panels (at least I don't).Dan Martin. http://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_dmartin.gif

Guest rwrea

I'm running a Samsung 22bw @ 1680x1050 and fs9 set the same....and all is well, here.:-)