Sign in to follow this  
Guest zipy44

Widescreen Monitor help

Guest william273

i'm taking it that your 2D panels are fine with no distortion. william

I think the whole issue comes down to if your video card can run the resolutions the monitor requires. I found that alot of generic card manufacters say the can run displays at native resolutions, but they run emulation software to compensate. As I stated before, I own all of Ron's airplanes. And my two Dell 24" and my 20" wide screens displays make those panels look spectacular. But the key is the video card I'm using can handle the native resolutions with no problem.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest william273

got 'cha bill. kind of figured it was a resolution issue. thanks, william

I am running a Dell 24" and all of my panels were stretched out. I am using a 8600GTS which can run the monitor at it's native 1920x1200 32bit. FS9 runs at 20FPS with all sliders maxed so the drivers are correct and I am happy except for the stretched out panels. I did painstakingly redo a custom Lear panel to fit the screen properly but all default panels are no good to me. I have a PMDG 1900D and the 2D panel would be way too much work to redo myself so I use the 3D panel.I wish somebody had an easy answer to rework these panels.dolph

I have been lucky enough to be allowed by the "Minister Of Finance" (Wife) to get myself a new screen for flightsim.I purchased a Samsung 275T here in Oz and I am running FS2004 @ 1920x1200 32bit.I too have a slightly stretched panel in normal view which I can live with, but it's worth it for the view I get in Virtual Cockpit!With a 19" and now 27" all I need is one more 19" and a "Triple Head To Go" and I am set !Long live this awesome hobby!!!!!Regards,Ralf...

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

I have been trying to get around this "streach" problem also and I think I have found a good replacement: The SAMSUNG 940BX, 19" LCD monitor with a max resolution of 1280 x 1024 ( a 4:3 ratio screen), with a 5 ms responce time and contrast level of 1000:1. Price around $250 each. jerrycwo4

Depends on the scaling.With NVidia cards you go into the control panel and "Change flat panel scaling".A few options are under #2 there that might fix your problem.

I have an HP w1907v. Nothing I did in FS or Control Panel affected the annoying stretching.However pushing the physical Menu button at the bottom of the screen brought up a menu that enabled me to change the aspect ratio for all applications.

I find this "thread" a little confusing with claims and counter claims of no stretching of 2D gauges. I'm going to buy a new computer and a three monitor setup with triple head 2go, but I'm having a problem selecting the biggest monitor that will let me fly in the 2D cotpit mode with no panel/gauges stretching. I now fly FS2004 on a 22" Viewsonic (4:3 ) monitor with the resolution set on the computer at 1024 X 768 and for FS2004 at 1280 x 930 x 32. This is also a little confusing as a 4:3 ratio with a starting number of 1280 should be 1024 and NOT 930 according to a table with 4:3 ratio's listed. With this 22' screen I've tried higher resolutions but always came back to the 1280 x 930 because at higher resolutions the numbers on the gauges are too small for me to read easily.Do you think it wrong or unwise to spend about $3500 on a new 3 monitor system and "settle" for three 19 inch 4:3 ratio monitors with a native resolution of 1280 x 1024?jerrycwo4