Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Multiple Tower Freqencies..... any benefit?

Guest MattNW

I confirmed it last night too, quite unexpectedly. I was on final to SKBO Bogota Columbia in the F1 PC-12. I'd been cleared to land on rwy 31R when an American Airlines 747 landed on 13L. SKBO is a high altitude airport (around 8000ft+). The winds at that altitude must have confused ATC but the thing is I never heard a peep from the heavy or ATC. Didn't even tell me to go around.

I thought I was the only one with an American Airlines 747! LOL. Had to look long and hard to find it.Occasionally I run into oncoming traffic coming at me. Happened at Capetown a while back. The wind was steady from the south but the oncoming was landing north as well and I was directed to land toward south. Weird.

I doubt you can set your radio to 234.56 because that is a military UHF frequency.Try moving around the airport approach from the North, South, East, and West. Yes the separate control freqs do work.

Guest MattNW

I installed a bunch of AI packages from Project AI. I wanted more realism. I got realism. Now I sit in line for fifteen minutes waiting to take off. :D

Guest MattNW

MattNW----> Off to PAI to download more airlines. :D