Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Lighter than Air at St Barts.

Rebuilding my scenery library in FS2004. At TFFJ St. Barths, My parked AI Aircraft are floating about 20 feet of the ground. After a thorough search, I can find no other sceneries that would be causing this problem. I have deactivated the Antilles scenery even tho there are no .bgls that are pertinent to St barts. Deactivating the scenery puts the aircraft back on the ground. What could be causing this phenonema and how can I fix it? This is Delblond Christians TFFJ. It also worked fine on a previous install before I had to reinstall FS9. See the Pretty Airplanes in the air!I should learn to read all the details when installing a scenery. The Author quite plainly stated that another designers mesh scenery was required before installation. I did this and everyones feet are on the ground. Sorry!

A small program called JABBgl can alter the airport elevation in the native FS9 AP931250.bgl file found in the FS9/Scenery/Name/Scenery folder. I use it quite a lot for these types of elevation problems. The elevations used in the program are in meters. The version you need is 1.0.2.1You can find JABBgl in the AVSIM library. Backup the original AP931250.bgl file before messing around with it and be careful because these files look very much alike. My elevation for TFFJ in the AP931250.bgl file is 4,935 meters. Note the European decimal comma instead of the decimal point when using JABBgl.Good luck.Hans

I remember that old program from several years ago Hans. I was just getting my feet wet in adding sceneries and aircraft to make simming a lot more interesting. I had a lot of trouble. Not with converting Metric to our dumber, clumsy, less intuitive, yards, feet, inches, but that pesky comma instead of decimal. As you can see from the original post, I solved the problem by the simple act of, reading the instuctions. I shall however add the utility to my Library in case I ever have need for it. Thanks.Bill :-hah

Before you go to all that trouble, make sure you don't have any duplicate afcad files for the airport. That can often cause that issue and is easy to fix. Check out scanafd.zip in the library.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>A small program called JABBgl can alter the airport elevation>in the native FS9 AP931250.bgl file found in the>FS9/Scenery/Name/Scenery folder. I use it quite a lot for>these types of elevation problems. The elevations used in the>program are in meters. The version you need is 1.0.2.1>>You can find JABBgl in the AVSIM library. >Backup the original AP931250.bgl file before messing around>with it and be careful because these files look very much>alike. My elevation for TFFJ in the AP931250.bgl file is 4,935>meters. >Note the European decimal comma instead of the decimal point>when using JABBgl.Tahnks, Hans, for this post. I did just that and now AI aircraft seems to be where they should. But not all. I flew to TFFJ today and ONE of the aircrafts in the parking place was still hanging 20 to 30 feet above the ground. What is this. Why one when all the others were just where they should be??http://www.kotiposti.net/syrjamaki/maambanner.jpg