Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Texture Booster Packs for FS9 thoughts?

Guest over and out

I noticed a series of Texture Booster Packs for FS9 on PCAviator's site for $19 (also get 15% discount this weekend).these are "High Quality Texture Enhancement for FS2004".The airport runway textures for example look really nice. Anyone here use them or recommend them?Are there any conflicts or issues with for example Active Sky 6, Ground Env Pro, etc?

Guest Reed203

Hello,I havent had any experience with the texture packs you are talking about but PC Aviator usually sells quality products and I buy from them alot. I wouldnt be surprised if they were excellent textures. A freeware alternative would be Airport Environment Upgrade 7 found here in the library. Thats what I use and there are no problems when combined with the two programs you mention. Might be worth a look if you dont want to shell out the 20 bucks.

Guest over and out

I'll check out what you mentioned, thanks!

I'd be interested to know how these compare to Flight Environment, from Flight1.com.Smooth skies!Chuck B.

Guest Reed203

I have used the REP pro textures before and love them. I lost the file when I switched computers and forgot the name of the package. Thanks for linking these as they are some of the best free textures out there. Highly recommended!

Guest over and out

Thanks,how does it work with Active Sky6 and Ground Env Pro?I have these and they both have textures, does the REP override them or enhance them or do you choose one over the other?

Guest Reed203

REP seems to work fine with Ground Environment and Activesky. One of the best things about REP is that a nice menu allows you to pick and chose the textures to download if for instance you want to download the runway textures and extra trees but not the sky textures. It also has a button in the menu allowing you to back up your old textures before you install the REP ones in case you do not like them or because of compatibility issues. I think REP enhances some textures but overwrites others. I think it will make more sense to you if you take a look at the REP menu. Have a good one!

Guest over and out

thanks, I'll check it out