Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Heading Indicator Set Incorrectly Problem

> <...> and since FSPassengers doesn't>allow you to change ANYTHING mid flight without aborting the>entire #### flight, this latest issue had almost sent me over>the edge. ;-)Hello!The keyboard settings can be changed in the middle of the flight, no problem! I had several times problems to type the ICAO code into my descendometer gauge or into the GPS, so I changed the necessary keys on the fly and after typing the ICAO code change them back to the defaults...Mick!

You're right, Mick -- That you can do. What I meant was I couldn't change the plane to the default cessna to reset the electrical problem mid flight and then change back to my original aircraft.Chuck B.

>By the way when you have created your plans are you exporting>it into FS9Unless the airport is IFR, I don't usually export it to FS9. I don't really care to fly IFR all that much, preferring to fly the plan as automatically generated by FSNav.Also, I just tried flying KMDW to KBOS (2 of the airports I have Airport Enhancement Services on) using only the departing airport to arrival airport technique you suggested, and I must say I prefer to enter the departing and landing runways into my flight plan because I like the idea of seeing the SID - STARS before take off, even if those procedures aren't all that up to date in FSNavigator.>Unless we get some joy with this issue i will leave you in>peace. I am probably going to drive you nuts.>cheers AndyYou're not driving ME nuts; I was afraid I was driving you nuts!Thanks for your time!Chuck B.

><...>What I meant was I>couldn't change the plane to the default cessna to reset the>electrical problem mid flight and then change back to my>original aircraft.Do you own FSUIPC? There is a switch which gives you eternal battery power...Mick!

>Do you own FSUIPC? There is a switch which gives you eternal>battery power...>>>Mick!Yup, and I have it set to "extend battery life indefinately" but apparently that setting doesn't always work correctly -- at least I thought I had read that in a few threads over at Pete Dowson's site. There are also a few things on Paul Scaratt's PS Panels 737NG that don't work like other panels, either by accident or design. The landing lights, for instance, don't come on when you press "Ctrl-L" -- you have to literally throw the switches on the overhead, and this electrical failure may be one of those situations. I have made all the aircraft.cfg edits he's recommended in the documentation, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.One thing the documentation says to do after engine start is turn the APU back to 'OFF'. Is this correct? I was wondering if this may have something to do with this issue.Chuck B.

>>Do you own FSUIPC? There is a switch which gives you>eternal>>battery power...>>>>>>Mick!>>Yup, and I have it set to "extend battery life indefinately">but apparently that setting doesn't always work correctly -->at least I thought I had read that in a few threads over at>Pete Dowson's site. >>There are also a few things on Paul Scaratt's PS Panels 737NG>that don't work like other panels, either by accident or>design. The landing lights, for instance, don't come on when>you press "Ctrl-L" -- you have to literally throw the switches>on the overhead, and this electrical failure may be one of>those situations. I have made all the aircraft.cfg edits he's>recommended in the documentation, so I'm not sure what to do>at this point.>>One thing the documentation says to do after engine start is>turn the APU back to 'OFF'. Is this correct? I was wondering>if this may have something to do with this issue.>>Chuck B.Hello Yes you should turn off the APU when the engines are running.And also if you insert this line in your Aircraft Cfg under the Electrical section of the aircraft you are using........electric_always_available = 1..... You will have no more flat batteries.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>Hello >Yes you should turn off the APU when the engines are running.>And also if you insert this line in your Aircraft Cfg under>the Electrical section of the aircraft you are>using........electric_always_available = 1..... You will have>no more flat batteries.>cheers AndyThanks, Andy. I know I changed that line in the aircraft.cfg file, but when I get home tonight I need to make sure I didn't chage it to "electric_always_available = 0"!! That's just the kind of typo I would make.Not to beat a horse to death, but I also switch the Standby Battery and Bus Transfer switches to Auto and leave them there throughout the flight -- is that correct, or does one of those procedures drain the battery?Chuck