Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

Too many hardware related posts in this forum :-(

This forum seems to have ben taken over by hardware and system related issues, which contradicts the purpose of this forum entirely.This is the forum you are looking for:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...conf=DCConfID12PC / MAC Hardware for Simulations:This is the forum where you can seek assistance, share ideas and experiences on all things related to hardware. Video cards, controllers, motherboards, ram, yokes, joysticks, and anything else that is hardware related.There is a forum for these issues, kindly created by the people who run this place ..... use it! :-roll Regarding this forum being the most popular ... not a very good excuse, is it? ;)

Guest ben_hewitt

Sorry but I have to agree, ove 90% of stuff discussed is about hardware related problems and mainly on subjects about Radeon and NVIDIA. It's getting boring comming here cause this is all that is discussed.

I'll have to disagree. I think the two should be combined because hardware problems represent a large percentage of FS2002 issues. In fact, many of the forums should be combined for fewer categories. The way it is set up now is a little obsessive-compulsive if you ask me.Robb

Are not the vast majority of Hardware Forum issues directly dealing with FS2002 problems? I agree with Robb; the two subjects are intertwined and should be in one forum. IMO.The real issue is why hardware issues get you irritated...why not just ignore them and move on? Reminds me of the splash screen bandwagon that went by a few months ago...how tired I got of seeing splash screens for FS! OK, I sort of understand now...but hardware issues in this forum, like the splash screens, will not go away. :-beerchugGreg G

I have to agree that posts are either started off topic, or become off topic pretty darn quickly. I think alot of guys know this forum is the most heavily traveled, and want to ask questions here because they get answered much faster. I know I have chosen to do that in the past, and probably will continue to do so.Craig

Guest Lobaeux4

Here, here! I agree, if they were hardware related questions not related to FS2K2, they shouldn't be here. I'm not going to ask how to set up a wireless PC card in my son's computer because I don't use that for FS2K2 or what brand memory should I buy in this forum, but if I have a question about GeForce 3 settings on my FS2K2 computer, and how I can make them better for FS2K2, I'm going to ask here. I think it's relevant.Lobauex

Same here. I don't usually read all the "sub" forums, and could end up missing a good tip to farther improve FS2002. L.Adamson

What is it about the definition of this forum that you don't understand? "A GENERAL discussion forum for ALL things related to the MS Flight Simulator series" (emphasis added). If the hardware issue is MSFS-related, put it here. If the hardware issue doesn't relate to MSFS, put it in the Hardware forum. Simple. BTW, it's the job of the forum moderators to determine what's appropriate here. If you want to give orders perhaps you would like to volunteer.Trip

I have to agree that there are quite a few hardware related threads on this forum but for the most part I think they are related to the operation of FS2002 and relevent. I don't read this forum with threads expanded and if I run across subjects I'm not interested in, I simply don't read them. No time lost that way.

The problem is those folk with the 'knowledge' and experience visit this forum much more frequently than the Hardware related forum. In a perfect world your plea would be heard but the reality is very different. Ask yourself, would you automatically visit the Hardware forum each time you log on if your system is currently running smooth and sweet?On the other hand, I bet the General Forum receives a visit from you on most occasions you visit Avsim. Curiosity guarantees that ;) We all want to know what is going on in the FS world and learn about others' experiences if only to add to our own.Most of us know that if we want an answer quickly to a hardware question (that is FS related) then this is the forum in which to post.Life is just too short. I do try to post first in the Hardware forum but if the response is lacking or slow (you've only got to look at the views counter) I will quickly try again by posting here. 99 times out of a hundred the answer will soon be forthcoming.Mike

Guest crashing_pilot

i say:Avsim has a very capable staff,who know what they are doing.since we are not members of the staff,who are we to decide what's in this forum and what isn't?.let it go,and fly happily....knowing that those who DO have problems have more then one option to find a solution.