Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

General Aviation AI

I've got a good selection of airliner AI, and I have some nice biz jet AI courtesy of the Ultimate GA packages, but my virtual skies are sorely lacking smaller GA aircraft...Is there a package available of GA type AI aircraft?Cessnas, Pipers, singles, twins, etc. I see there are lots of repaints available in the library here but I am looking for a package that has a selection of aircraft that I can drop straight into my FS folder.Any ideas?Thanks.

There's a good payware (not expensive) package made by HTAI for Cessnas. I also downloaded a couple of AI Beechs and Pipers from the library (search BEECH or PIPER under the AI aircraft category). After that I removed the Traffic file (.bgl) created by the HTAI installer and created my own flightplans using GA-TRAFFIC by Markus Brunner, it's really easy to use if you read the documentation and run a couple of experiments.Don't forget to have better AFCADs for your GA traffic (no parkings, no planes!) And make sure in the GA-TRAFFIC program to remove any add-on aircrafts from the planes selection list, it's gonna kill your frames!Sorry for the long post, but this stuff is really working for me!Matt

Thanks Matt. I just purchased the HTAI Cessna pack, and downloaded some Bonanzas and Barons from the library. I'll use GA Traffic to add them into my FS world. The HTAI Piper pack looks interesting, any idea when it will be released?I see lots of repaints for Dee Waldron's AI PA28 but can't find the original model. Right now I'm just using the default AI Cherokee that comes with FS9. Any ideas for a better selection of Pipers?Cheers.