Sign in to follow this  
dfish

FSD Avanti

I've been thiking about buying the Avanti since it's on sale for $13.50 and would like some feedback from current owners. I'm aware of their redputation regarding customer service, so lets just stick with opinions of the Avanti please.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Personally.. I LOVE IT!It's a speedy little twin-turbo, but I have a blast flying it! The exterior model is superb and the interior is very well done! It's a tricky plane to fly because it's so fast.. but that adds to the fun!I would definitely recommend it - especially at that price!And if you have the RXP Jet-line 2 set... I would add those in with the user mod on the RXP site.. they help make it better!- Alex

The Avanti was one of my first FS9 aircraft several years ago, I've probably added 50 others since then. from 'low-end' freeware to 'high end' free ware to low-end pay-ware to high end pay-ware. YIKES, too many-time to clean house.. But I still really enjoy going back to it. It IS fast and you have to plan ahead and stay out front of it but in my opinion it is great fun to hand fly and it looks so cool! No FPS issues, for me anyway...

Guest dpc

Hi,I just went to FSD's site and don't see where it is on sale. Where are you seeing that if you don't mind?

Guest VAA_008

I own it and I also own about 75% of FSD product. Never had a complaint about any of their product or customer support.I enjoy thier planes quite a bit and it would be a shame if you didn't get it, especially at that price. Can't go wrong at all.

I received an email from them, it's a special offer for "valued customers" which is a bit strange since I've only purchased one airplane,the Pilatus Porter, years ago. Thanks guys, I'll get it.Dave F.

Guest dpc

Ah yes. I did receive that as well. Thanks for mentioning it.

I got the e-mail as well. I picked up the updated Porter which is nice. I was looking at the Avanti and the new Saratoga as well. Can anyone comment on the new Saratoga?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Wow, wish I would have received that email, I purchased quite a few of their aircraft years ago too. Then I might consider the Avanti, and the new Navajo, and the new Porter.As it stands now, I just can't do it.[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation FanVisit my Blog:http://abwain.spaces.live.com/

Guest JTEK99

Yeah, that sucks. I might actually consider picking up the Avanti (or the 337 if it's on sale, too), but I didn't receive the e-mail either, likely because the e-mail address I originally used is now defunct.What a bummer.

Guest MattNW

I had it before along with the Pilatus Porter and the Cheyenne. Great airplanes. Recently however I've had problems with the FSD licensing system but that seems to be a problem on my computer. I'm reinstalling everything after a hard drive failure and for some reason all my FSD aircraft are refusing to install. It's beginning to look like I'll have to reinstall Windows and FS2004 all over again to get them to work.Overall however FSD makes really good airplanes and I've been quite pleased with them in the past. If I were in your place and didn't have the Avanti I'd get it. $13.50 is a real bargain.

>I had it before along with the Pilatus Porter and the>Cheyenne. Great airplanes. Recently however I've had problems>with the FSD licensing system but that seems to be a problem>on my computer. I'm reinstalling everything after a hard drive>failure and for some reason all my FSD aircraft are refusing>to install. It's beginning to look like I'll have to reinstall>Windows and FS2004 all over again to get them to work.>Just go to their support site and request a new installer file. I don't know why their installers do that, but don't reinstall everything! Requesting a new file will take a few minutes!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest MattNW

I've tried a couple downloads of the installer. Same thing happens. The Porter seems to install and register OK at first but when I run FS9 and try to load the airplane it can't seem to find the license and tries to register again. When I enter my info it locks up trying to find the FSD server even if I'm still online. I've been working with their support. Still can't get any FSD aircraft to install. They sent me an uninstaller to remove all Porter files but that ended up a major disaster. Program choked on some file that was still in use somehow. When I rebooted Windows was a mess. I eventually had to do a system restore. Even then I lost everything in My Documents and Desktop folders and nearly all shortcuts on my start menu. Luckily I didn't loose much except a couple freeware programs I hadn't backed up. Found a problem with my FS9.exe last night. Seems it didn't patch correctly when I ran the 9.1 update. I ran the 9.1 patch again and now I have a proper version 9.1. If the Porter doesn't install after this I'm going to try a complete Windows reinstall. Not much on here anyway since I'm still in the process of recovering after a hard drive failure. As for FSD and their aircraft both are top notch and they've provided good support for me. If I counted all my payware I'd probably be about 45% FSD and 45% Flight One with 10% others. Just wish I had my Porter back. That airplane had the best looking VC I've seen.

One of my favourite planes. Very easy on framerates, too.For what it's worth, I've had no problems with support, either--what little I've required, that is.Cheers!Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I was slightly disappointed as I feel the FSD model does not capture the sleekness of this lovely aircraft. A freeware designer called Mario Noriega did a much better job IMHOhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root