Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

How to simulate General Aviation in AI?

Hi everyone,after having about 75% of the real world's scheduled airline traffic modelled in AI, I would like to add a little spice and throw in some General Aviation. I don't care that much where the GA is going, all I want is to have the populate the skies. Any fligthplans that can be recommended? I know ddefault AI was full of those little flies buzzing around all over the place, but maybe there's smthg. just a tad more realistic. CheersChris

Download and install gatm11ex.zip and update gatm_116.zip from the library and GA away!!Bear in mind, FS2002 does have a finite number of software memory locations available for AI at any given time. So if you already have a heavily laden set of commercial airlines, adding the GA may or may not displace the commercial airlines.One thing you could do would be to have two or more traffic.bgl files. You could make one totally GA, another totally Com'l, and the third a grandaddy of them all GA/Com'l. You would have to rename the one you wanted to use for the day but they could all reside in your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder:traffic.GAtraffic.comltraffic.mixWhen you wanted to fly with one, change the extension to *.bgl. Remember not to have two traffic.bgl(s) at any time, i.e., traffic.ga.bgl. That could cause big problems.

W,thanks a lot for that great hint! I looked at the GA Maker, a great application indeed, and I'll certainly want to use it for creating traffic at some specific airports. Still, I have one or two questions back to that - but let me explain my "usage" before: I only fly commercial airliners, so I only go to commercial airports. So what I am looking for is the following: have GA traffic "in the skies", so that I can hear them on ATC and see them on my AIMap; I want them all over the place, so when for example I fly from Paris to Los Angeles, I would like lots of traffic in the busy areas around Paris and London and California, and little or no around less busy areas like Greenland or Northern Territory in Canada; and lastly, I typically don't want those little flies take up my parking spots at the big commercial airports I go to. So my questions are the following:1) should I want to have traffic for larger areas, would it be possible to simply give a wider flight range of, say, 2000 miles? I know the registrations would be screwed up then, but still - would it work, or would there just be too many flightplans? If I understand correctly, GA would be flying between all those airports, and not just to and from the one I gave as "base", right?2) how can I exclude GA from the commercial airports I am going to myself?3) Is there any way that I can make areas that are busy in real life (for instance, US East Coast) look busier in GA Maker than other areas (for instance, northern Siberia)?Thanks for any additional hints, I really really appreciateBestChris

Generally, the default GA aircraft didn't go to busy large airports. At least, that seems the way my GA aircraft are working. I do see the occasional GA at KMCO, but more are flying in the airspace to other smaller airports. I can't say this is true overall but in my case KMCO Orlando, FL it is true.You can use AITM - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM or yRoute - http://www.spacejock.com/ and other tools to manage the flight plans.I certainly hear a good mixed of commercial and GA on my system. You might also try AIVIEW - http://www.altingsoftware.com to see the number of AI aircraft.