Sign in to follow this  
Guest renetrujillo

violent flight

Guest renetrujillo

when ever i fly with real weather, not always but most of the time the plane is all crazy.. it'll move to the right like 20 degrees and then the speed will all of a sudden go up then back down... and i don't know if this is really how a real world flight is but i have never been in such a violent flight in real life... is something wrong with my settings? and if so how can i fix it?

That is because of sudden wind changes. It is sometimes like that in real life as well. Also, in the weather settings, do you have the "Download Winds Aloft with Real World Weather" option checked?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest renetrujillo

no i dont.. should it be checked?

Guest Thrust_Drag

Hello, Just my 2 cents. If you haven't purchased a 3rd party add-on for weather yet. Look into http://www.hifisim.com/and get ActiveSky6.5 for FS2004 best weather program out there for FS2004 for all I am concerned. Happy Landings, Josh

It is a good program. I just reinstalled AS6.5 after working with a freeware weather program. The freeware one would update the weather so that at FL 350 I was getting shakken around everytime the program would update the weather. Very anoying.JimcYWG

If your really into real world weather flying you really must get ASV 6.5.It's a must have for real wrold weather junkies.

It doesn't, it only downloads the winds for the higher altitudes when using real world weather. Violent flight is most likely caused by shifting winds, agree on the suggestion for Active Sky.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD