Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

A-1 traffic

Guest tmond

At present I have none. I would like to get started. I read somewhere that GMAX is user frame rate friendly. Can someone please help me get started? Tim

Guest H_Kev55

There are several ways to go about adding AI traffic.The easiest is using files from:ProjectAIWorld of AIandUltimate GA...these are all free files. And they have self installing programs. Very easy to use.And if you want military AI, go to www.militaryaiworks.comLots of stuff there. Also with self installers.You can buy add-ons but they tend to use the same or even lesser quality models. But they do have some bells and whistles the freebies don't.Or you can learn to use Traffic Tools and add your own. Learning TTools is advised anyway. This way you can be familiar with how AI traffic is built.I'm sure there are threads on these forums that will walk you through each step, but believe me, once you catch on, you'll be able to do this in your sleep.KJ

I highly reocmmend WOAI and Ultimate GA packages as it keeps it simple but, don't forget to updgrade your airport afcads too so you have ample parking for all that traffic. You'll find these afcad packages over at Project AI and here in the library, just to name a few places. And, you should also learn to use Lee Swordy's Afcad tool, along with Traffic Tools as KJ mentioned.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest tmond

Hi Kendall. Nice to talk to you. I am using the traffic tool that's supplied with WOAI. Is that not good enuf? You mean I can get all the AFCAD's at WOAI? Tim:-)

>Hi Kendall. Nice to talk to you. I am using the traffic tool>that's supplied with WOAI. Is that not good enuf? You mean I>can get all the AFCAD's at WOAI? Tim:-) Hey Tim, yep the TTools in WOAI package is the last version available and will work independent of the installer. I don't believe WOAI offers any afcads, only traffic packages. Project AI has a good Afcad package and Ultimate GA has some too. There is also 2007 package of 113 airports here in the library. Just remember, only one new afcad per airport - you don't want multiples of the same. I'm sure others will offer some ideas for updated afcads, as well. Hope it helps!Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest tmond

You say PROJECT AI HAS A good afcad package and ultimate GA. Are they in their websites? Also, I hv been installing packages from WOAI. When I go look at the files Why are some numbered and some not. When I go to traffic tools do I just press compile or what. Please explain. It does not explain anywhere how to use the tool unless I missed it.Regards.Tim

Guest tmond

Is it ok if a person installs a AFCAD file over another one that's been installed. Am I in KaKa?

Hi Tim,You are going too fast here! Better to take small steps, then large leaps. Let's take one thing at a time:1. WOAI----They have a unique installer that you have been using I see. So for those you just download the packages you want and then use the unique installer. That is it, no need for Traffic Tools.2. PAI-----They also have a unique installer that automatically uses Traffic Tools. So you download the packages and use THEIR unique installer. That is it, no need to START Traffic Tools.3. Ultimate GA---Their packages require that you unzip a download and manually place folders and files in their proper places within FS. The downloads all come with clear directions! Then, that is it. Again, no need for Traffic Tools.So now you are going to ask: "What the heck do I use this darn Traffic Tools program for that everyone says I need?" Well, mostly that is used if you wish to create, or modify any existing traffic files. It takes a traffic.bgl and decompiles it into 3 sub files. It is then those 3 sub files that some people modify. One is an airports file with the airports in FS, a second is the Airplanes, which contains the planes linked to that traffic file, and the Plans, the actual timetables that the planes will follow. So people make their edits of those files and lastly, then need to recompile those 3 sub files back into a traffic.bgl file for FS to use. And for that Traffic Tools is used again, to recompile those 3 files into one traffic file that FS uses.If you could care less about making your own traffic or modifying existing traffic files then you can delete Traffic Tools and continue to use those web sources that we have been giving you.Thanks! Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest tmond

Ya Jim. I guess I been going to fast. I been downloading all afternoon and because I been using traffic tools I got 3 files of each. Wondered why. Ok.......understand now. should I get rid of those files and start over and get rid of the traffic tools.exe?And One More question(for now) Do I make up a traffic folder for each Installer or will just one do.I mean in fs folder?Regards Tim:-)P.S. Should I use AI SMOOTH?

Hi Tim, to follow up on Jim's excellent description of the process, here's a good tutorial on how to make your own custom traffic: http://michaelstanton.net/ai/tutorial.htm. It will go into further detail on what Jim described and includes a section on modifying airports using the Afcad tool. I agree with Jim to take it one step at a time and I guess I would start all over and just focus on installing the WOAI packages. With these, just read the installer documentation and use the installer - it will do all the work for you. No need to worry about anything else, they're foolproof and that's why these packages are being offered. In the future, once you understand the process of creating traffic, try making a small one plane, one roundtrip flightplan at your local airfield and go from there.Now on to Afcads, create a new folder in your addon scenery folder called Afcads, add a scenery folder to that, drop your new afcads into that scenery folder, add the new Afcads folder in the Addon Scenery menu in Fs9, restart the sim and enjoy. These new afcads modify the exisiting default afcad for that particular airport and again, add only one new afcad per airport to prevent problems. You'll need to search the PAI file library for "afcad" and there will be 4 packages from which to choose compiled by Reggie Fields and you'll need to register. Edit: Sorry couldn't provide a direct link. Good Luck Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Hi Tim,Put the Installer programs in their own folders outside of FS.Download the packages to anywhere. I just use the Desktop.Run the installer program. The program will place things correctly into FS.Delete the downloaded packages. You don't need them anymore.Try things without AI Smooth for now: one step at a time!Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest tmond

Ok. When I run the installer it just has been placeing the files where the installers are. If I move the installers outside of fs9 where will the installers place the files.........?do I need to make folders in fs9 so the installer will place the files in there?Do you use expert mode on installer?Tim

Guest tmond

Jim. I hate to sound pesimistic but it seems to me wherever I put the installers and do my installs, the installs always show up in the installer folder. I once had the installers outside of fs9 but because the installs went where the installer was, my files were not being placed in fs9. Where am I going wrong?Tim