Sign in to follow this  
Guest FredGherkin

30-60 minute Alaskan flights?

Guest FredGherkin

Does anyone have any suggestions for a from/to 30-60 minute scenic flight in Alaska? Preferably mountainous?Thanks.

Guest YukonPete

I live in the Yukon ( next to Alaska ) and I like flying from whitehorse ( CYXY ) to Juneau ( PAJN ) or Haines ( PAHN ) or Haines Junc ( CYHT )

I like the "Alaskan Floatplane Adventure" flights in the Select a Flight menu ;).

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Join fseconomy; there's plenty of flights for AK listed and you get paid (virtually) for your trouble. www.fseconomy.com I've found fseconomy to be great just to generate new flights into airports I've never been using small planes. Nice break when I get tired of the airliners. Mike

Guest FredGherkin

That Rainy Pass looks interesting.As for FSEconomy, can that be used in conjunction with FSPassengers?I'll check out those ready-made adventures too.

I just flew Anchorage to Valdez tonight. Half an hour or so depending upon your aircraft. I love flying in and out of Valdez. Beautiful and dangerous.:-)

Guest Rob Hirst

Just to add that if you're flying in this region you really should have Holger Sandman's Glacier Bay scenery installed or you're missing out!It's two files located in the library here at avsim.Rob

Guest deKoven

>That Rainy Pass looks interesting.>>As for FSEconomy, can that be used in conjunction with>FSPassengers?>>I'll check out those ready-made adventures too.The answer is a qualified yes. While there is no correlation between the two one can choose a FSE flight and then use that same flight with FS Passengers. It's a bit of a work-around but some people do it. If you are interested go to the FSE website and ask in the forum there. On a side note; I'm one of the sometime FSE users. I've made, in total, about v$1.4 million and own my own aircraft. Others are much more into it and you'll find some real air moguls there.:D

Rob Yes, Glacier Bay is really good. Try flying out of Skagway following the railroad tracks the tourist do up the pass. You will come to the turn around, with buildings, where there is a tourist stop and turn around for the trip back down to the cruise ships. I think the route is the same route that was taken during the gold rush to the Yukon (without the train). I'm not real sure but I think the tourist/train turn around was where the prospectors, after hiking up the pass, got on water transportation to continue on to the Yukon.