Sign in to follow this  
Guest Niorga

Incorrect AI Flight Plans

Guest Niorga

Is there a way to correct the AI flight plans which are mostly incorrect?Example: I do not want a 737-400 Air France flying from Los Angeles to Seattle.I would like to have it fly on the routes Air France really flies on. I'd just like to have FS9 be as real as it gets. :-)

Well, there are about a million replacement AI flightplans in the library, so that would be the place to start. Look at Evolve AI (EVAI), World of AI (WoAI) and Project AI (PAI) some here, some at their own sites. There are also a couple commercial replacement AI flightplan packages.scott s..

Guest Niorga

I know about the additional flight plans, but even after putting them in FS9 the airlines still fly wrong flight plans. I am wondering if there is a way to make, for instance this 737-400 Air France, not fly on some of these routes that Air France does not even fly on. :-)

Niorga,You're going to have to give us a bit more information for us to work out what you're trying to do. You talk about Air France so you're obviously not using the default AI traffic, but you haven't told us what flightplans you're using, or what 3rd party package you're using instead. Some third party traffic packages generate representative flightplans rather than completely realistic ones, which might be the problem, but this shouldn't happen with individual airline flightplans.

Guest Niorga

I have a freeware textures replacement package which I got off of Avsim that replaces the default textures of the original 737-400. Also I have the Opensky 747-400 Megapack as well as a texture replacement for the defalut 747-400. Otherwise, all the flightplans are default. From what I understand you are saying that if I download other flight plans for say a Speedbird, since maybe you are tired of Air France,(BTW I am not stuck on Air France just used it as an example) I might be able to get some real flight plans instead of the default flight plans? Sorry I was not clear.

Hi,Yes, these flight plan files (and the web sites listed above) REPLACE the default flight plans. So you don't have to worry about AF 737's trying to fly halfway around the world again.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

There's one additional item to consider....You are using replacement textures on the FS default aircraft. It's the FS default traffic.bgl that is making Air France fly on the routes you do not want. If you do not rename or remove the default traffic.bgl, you will still have those default aircraft flying the same routes, even if you add AI packages from WOAI, EvolveAI, etc. Be aware that removing the default traffic file will remove all traffic until you supplement with other AI traffic files. So you'll need to decide which is more unacceptable; no traffic other than what you have added, or traffic everywhere but not accurate.You'll find the default traffic.bgl file in your FS sceneryworldscenery folder.Bruce

Guest Niorga

Thanks for the info. I will have really take that in consideration. Although right now it seems like a big project and I will need maybe Christmas vacation to work on this problem. Probably better to leave it as it is after all. I really do not know. Thanks though.