Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

My Christmas List

I don't know if this is an appropriate topic to post here, but I've only been simming for less than a year now and I'm really stumped as to what to do.My wife is bugging me for my Christmas list and just about everything I want (that I haven't already bought for myself, that is) is stuff that's down-loadable on line. She says she would like some packages under the tree for me and doesn't like giving me only gift certificates, so she's begun threatening a vast collection of ugly ties and a lump of coal for me this holiday season if I don't get her some kind of list soon! At this time of year, (for those of us who celebrate) how do you deal with this situation? Do you tell your loved ones to buy you the stuff in CD form through the mail, hoping it gets here on time and isn't significantly more expensive than a faster, more eco-friendly download? Or do you tell your loved ones to just give you the gift certificates, maybe wrapped up in a box? Or do you just forego asking for Flight Sim gifts all together?Creative thoughts? Ideas? I just don't know what to tell her. Chuck B.

One year my wife bought me a CH yoke and rudder pedals...I was amazed...I didn't even complain about my crappy joystick...or send her a hint:My advice to you though is send her a hint via email. Sometimes miracles happen...:)Happy simmingScott

Guest kittie

:-wave My advise would be to ask for something different other than flight sim (unless she can go to a store and buy it, then wrap it for you). The flight sim stuff you could get yourself anytime (with permission I'm sure - lol).Ordering you stuff to download is just not the same. Christmas is about family and spending time together. There nothing more exciting than seeing someones face as they open a special gift. Then maybe if your nice you could get yourself something on Christmas day to download and try.That's just my thoughtsMerry ChristmasHuggs

Guest fullstoplanding

A gift certificate from Amazon.com. I would guess that it would be for at least $25 or more. :-hmmm At Amazon that amount or more makes for free shipping, too.I have bought a few things from them, a combo-package of the CH yoke and pedals and a few sim softwares. No problems. In fact, I've a couple of books on the way now.. One is a sim book for me and the other is an Xmas gift for my granddaughter.Happy Holidays,Roger

Already got 3, Alex. Best flight sim addons since the Yoke and Throttle assembly! :-)Chuck

Chuck,If you do decide to wish for CD's of anything available on the Flight1 site: www.flight1.com, have her contact me personally at: jimr@flight1.com I will make sure it gets to her in time to be under the tree for you or it's on me.Regards,Jim Rhoads :-cool

Wife is paying half for a new motherboard, cor 2 duo and 2 gigs of ram. I will just go to the store and buy it and she will give me half in cash. I have to bring in my case to get everything fitted and working. I hope not to have to reinstall everything.JimCYWG

Keep wishing but your asking for problems Jim. Any time you get a new mobo, you really should format.

Guest fullstoplanding

Jim,I visited the Flight1 site. Excellent lay out, easy to navigate. Well done. Roger :-kewl

AND they have a 30 day money back guarantee on all of their products -- downloads too! They are my number one flight sim add on supplier. Three cheers for Flight1!Chuck

Since Lou and Jim have suggestions let me add that ALL Eaglesoft FS2004 or FSX products are now available for Christmas Sale Discounts.Eaglesoft uses the F1 Wrapper system and offers 30 day refund as well:-)Merry Christmas to all!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest DreamFleet

Now, I will get flamed for saying this, but...Ron Hamilton, Jim Rhoads: I did not promote my products as a Christmas gift in this thread. I suggested a Discovery Flight. The last thing on my mind was to suggest purchasing a DF product. I don't need the business that badly, and would prefer to suggest something perhaps out of the ordinary.My gosh, the man asks for gift suggestions, and you have payware developers hawking their wares / sales in the thread. Oy, what's this business coming to!Are your sales that bad, Ron, Jim? Mine are not. I agree, keep the gift non-FS, and better it be real "F".Trust me, while you cannot physically keep it, except for in your memory, something to do with real aviation will last a life time.If suggestions should be made about payware products, let customers suggest them, not the developers.I thought we developers had more class than that. ;)I have my Nomex suit on. No problem. :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Hi Lou, please spare us the highbrow tone:-)We were asked by our customers to extend our Fall Festival sale on thru Christmas and thought it appropriate to get the word our that we did as requested. Our sales are fine but thanks for inquiring.The man asked in an FS Forum, not a real world aviation forum such as the AOPA member forum. As I recall, that's where you're products are indeed promoted by link back to your site just as your signature is here. Perhaps you may want to take a glance in the mirror before making such a public spectacle.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png