Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

My Christmas List

Hi Agree with the poster who said about boxes under the tree. The Mrs has just flexed the plastic to the tune of 2 saitek throttle quadrants and an opencockpits multiradio kit.Now I can see why I 'invested' in a $600 Bernina sewing machine for her birthday! Merry Christmas however your luck goes!James

Guest Yak Yak

I agree, a discovery flight would make a great gift!My wife got me this present 3 years ago, and i've been addicted to real-world, and sim, flying ever since. That first flight changed my life. -feng

>I agree, a discovery flight would make a great gift!>>My wife got me this present 3 years ago, and I've been>addicted to real-world, and sim, flying ever since. That first>flight changed my life. >>-fengThe discovery flight is a great idea, but I've already had 'several' -- I have a friend with his own Mooney. I wish I could be more macho about it, but the reason that my first love is Flight SIMMING is mainly for two big reasons: 1) it takes place right here on good ol' Terra Firma, and, 2) I'm 50 years old and VIRTUAL flying is P-L-E-N-T-Y expensive for me -- I can imagine the damage I could do to my retirement funds if I decided to do this for real! Nah, I think I'll just keep mooching rides off my buddy once a year or so, and keep spending hundreds (thousands!) on computer hardware and FS9 addons. :-) But a discovery flight IS a great idea for anyone who's never been there.Now, if I could just get my buddy to lose 50 pounds and stop smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day, I just might fly with him more often! :-eek Any other suggestions?Chuck

Ha Ha, we can all relate to the costs of real world aviation these days. Even if you have a partnership interest like Lou, an ownership like Jim, or a local flying club membership like yours truly it certainly makes flight sim addons look a lot more cost effective:-)Merry Christmas

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Yak Yak

Hey Chuck,Hehe, i agree...real flying does add up quick. I used to complain about the price of addons for FS9; then i think about how much i pay for a relaxing flight in a SR22 - $250 a hour! I've been itching to rent a twin...and that's $350 a hour! Yikes! Yup, FS9 is definitely cheaper. :)Have you looked into the GoFlight products? Really nice stuff! Check youtube for some of their products in action. For example:

their homepage: http://www.goflightinc.com/order/index.php-feng

Guest JTEK99

>If suggestions should be made about payware products, let>customers suggest them, not the developers.Lou:Well, then... by extension, you should delete your signature graphic for good measure. Remember that every single post you make is, indeed, a suggestion/advertisement about Dreamfleet payware products. Even if you had simply chimed in in this thread to discuss your galbladder, your post would still be classified to me as an advertisement.In general, the signature graphic doesn't bother me. It begins to annoy, however, when the vendor in question becomes excessively or hypocritically pious regarding his/her sales and marketing style.Please view the following link for further information:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black