Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

What is causing the blurries and delays

I am wondering, what is causing the blurries and delays when building up the scenery, when flying my LVD 767 in approach over a big city like D

Hi:Add the following line to your FS9.CFG fileTextureMaxLoad=10It goes right below your line that readsTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200Also have you tried using nhancer?If not give it a try and let me know how things are working for you then.Thanks.Paul.

I get good results with the following:[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=22TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=55[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Holger and Scott pointed me to the testing done by Joachim Buhre. Here's the thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...30282&mode=fullAfter reading Joachim tests, I set the settings I've posted above. Interesting find is that bringing the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT down actually showed much sharper and more detailed textures in the sim. As each system is different I suggest you set the settings above and then play with TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to find which setting gives you best results on your system. Before this I used to apply the TextureMaxLoad=10. I've now decided that it does not add to my system if I use the settings shown above.After extensive testing on my system, I've asked two of my friends to test these settings. They both agreed that these give better results.Please let us know how things go.Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Thanks for the input but sorry, these tweaks are not solving my problem, It gives me more problems with longer loading times in the VC and white/purple rectangles for a second while panning the VC with my TrackIR outside the windows..Happy landings..

Sorry to hear your problem is not solved. I suppose it could be a matter of different systems, different settings in order get the best results.Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Check your AGP aperture setting in the BIOS. I have mine at 256 considering that I have 1 gig of RAM. Your choices if I remember correctly are 128, 256, 512. You can find different opinions on this subject.