Sign in to follow this  

Switched Drivers WOW 11111111

I changed from NVIDIA to OMEGA drivers.WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FPS about the same, but graphics definition and color is unbelievable.Look at my system specs.CPU: ATHLON TBIRD 1GIGRAM: 500 MEG SDRAMMB: BIOSTAR M7VKDOS: XP HOME***** ASUS GEFORCE2 64 MEG PRO VIDEO CARD ****************VIEWSONIC P810-4 21' MONITOR System is smooth as butter.***** System is ancient by todays standards ***************System approx 1 1/2 years oldJim AlcornP, S, The puter genius that built my system advised caution using the OMEGA drivers. On some systems, or software. they don't work.On others, ok.

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Col !I havea Pentium4 2Ghz CPU and a Geforce3 ti200.Whee can I get those drivers ?../)_/). _ Cl

I agree, they are certainly worth trying. Many folks really like them. On the other hand (there is always one of those), the Omega's were, for me, the worst drivers I ever tried. Like Jim says, mileage is always variable. You can get 'em here http://www.omegacorner.com/ .Trip

Guest Dominik Mann

I'm just giving them a try, and overall I got to agree that they're not bad. However, I do have the impression that my anti-aliasing results are somewhat poorer than they were before - mostly the aircraft appear to exhibit more jagged edges than they did before. After installing the Omega drivers, I reset my RivaTuner settings to zero because I wanted to see how well the drivers would perform by themselves.Do any of you know how I might smooth out those jaggies with or without tweaking tools?Cheers,

Guest Satchmo

Can't say I liked them myself :-abductI use the UK VFR scenery and found even the quality setting poor, i.e. the ground detail was 'less-sharp' by a considerable factor.Went back to the trusty 30.82 drivers and RivaTuner combination.Cheers:-waveSatchmo

From my understanding, the Omega drivers are meant to be used without tweak tools (ie: don't use RivaTuner).I use the Quality version of the drivers. I only changed the FSAA through the properties menu to whatever I desired.Check out the readme file that came with the Omega drivers. It has some Does and Don'ts that you should follow. Using a tweaker might screw up the settings that were built into the drivers.Good luck!Brad

Guest Kurt

_"After installing the Omega drivers, I reset my RivaTuner settings to zero because I wanted to see how well the drivers would perform by themselves._"When you reset the RivaTuner settings to zero, you most likely overwrote the registry settings that the Omegas install via the .inf file on install. The Omegas are the same as the Nvidia drivers of the same version with the exception of one file that has been patched to allow negative LOD settings.The Omega tweaks are registry settings the same as you can get with RivaTuner with the exception that the Omegas do not have a user interface and the settings are contained in the .inf file used at installation.from the Readme at the Omega site.-"Rules to follow when using the Nvidia Omega Drivers:1- The drivers can be installed just by upgrading your current drivers, there is no need to uninstall previous ones, they are made in a way that all your previous settings will be erased when they are installed.2- When possible use default settings.--------------------------------------------------------*** 3- If you selected the Quality Option when first installed, in the Additional Properties page, in the Direct3D Settings tab, the MipMap Detail will be BLANK, DON'T CHANGE IT!, if you change it the extra detail level in D3D will be gone (Change it to Best image quality ONLY if you don't like the extra detail in D3D)--------------------------------------------------------4- In the Additional Properties page, in the OpenGL Settings tab, Anisotropic filtering will be disabled, leave it like that, since the detail level in OpenGL was increased there is no need to enable it, if you do it will work, but games may have a big performance hit.5- Don't use any tweakers to change the settings, they will override my settings and make my work useless. Use only when you need to change a specific tweak for a specific game to make it work.-----------------------------------------------------*** 6- The only settings that will not harm my work are FSAA, v-sinc and overclocking.-----------------------------------------------------7- To uninstall the drivers simply run the uninstall process from the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel, restart and then install the drivers you want.Thanks for your support and happy gaming,OMEGADRIVE -"Kurt M

Guest Dominik Mann

@ Kurt:My bad...guess I misunderstood this :-shy . Been so used to running RivaTuner after upgrading drivers that I must have done so more or less automatically. Just reinstalled the Omegas and will check back whether this will have made any difference.Thanks!

Dominik,If you want to get rid of the jaggies run at a higher resolution. They're not that much of an issue at 1280*960 or higher. You don't say what graphics card you have but every PC will benefit from a quality display and the better the monitor (TFT or CRT) the higher the resolution you can run FS at. At 1600*1200 with the Omega drivers the displayed image is about as good as it gets.I'm feeding a Iiyama Pro 454 19" CRT with a feed from a Ti4600 and running at 1600*1200*32-bit colour at 85Hz. I've been using the Omega drivers for months now and wouldn't dream of reverting to the standard nVidia ones.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest TerryT

I tried running the "Performance" and the Quality drivers for Win XP. The perforamce drivers seemed to be about as good as the 42.86 Nvidia drivers. I could not set my cards AA or AF settings though. I guess these drivers are for those that do not want to mess with settings?When I loaded the "Quality" drivers, I was unable to display my menu bar in SF2002 Pro. The only way to gain control over the program was to hit the computer reset button.It sounds like from the above posts that you need some sort of extra control panel to make adjustment to the Omega series drivers. I guess for now I will stick with the Nividia types found at the 3D Guru site http://www.guru3d.com/guide/benchmark-guide/ The new 43.00 drivers seem to be working well and I also had good luck with the 42.86s on my GeForce 4600 card.Terry

After going through all my trusty nVidia drivers, I got bold tonight and tried the new Omega drivers. Using SimFlyers Atlanta scenery with my PIC767 I was just amazed at the quality of the new drivers. Like Terry, I first tried the Omega drivers in Quality mode, and the scenery detail was just amazing, very crisp sharp textures and the frame rates were good. However I got somewhat slower refreshs of the side panels when I looked out the cockpit to the sides and then back to front view.After reading Terry's post, I went back and very quickly I might add, changed over to the performace mode. The quality seemed to be just as good on my first observation, but the screen refreshes were much faster and the redraws were very fast.My observation is that the install process which adds some addtional registry options and the pre tweaks, is not quite as smooth as native nVidia driver installs, but the Omega install process worked as advertised, just more steps. Bottom line, I am very satisfied with them and yes I did not have to tweaked anything, and I think that is a big plus. Tweaking can take a lot of trial and error to get everything just as you want.Bob Johnson

Guest Dominik Mann

Ray,unfortunately, my trusty old Belinea 107015 17" CRT can only handle 1280x1024 at 65 Hz, meaning that it would be rather impractical for me to run FS at such high resolutions. However, image quality is indeed very good at that resolution, so if I should get a new monitor some day I might seriously consider running FS that way.Cheers,

Terry,You don't need a tweaking utility or "extra control panel" for the Omega drivers.Right click anywhere to get to properties...display settings...advanced...GeForce tabRead the READ.ME file that came with the Omega Drivers. There are only a few things you should adjust(if desired), such as FSAA. Otherwise the Omega drivers are already tweak and adjusted. That's why the user doesn't need a tewaking utility.BTW, the Omega drivers are Nvidia drivers. The Omega 1.4230a drivers are based off of the Nvidia 42.30 drivers.good luck.Brad