Sign in to follow this  
Guest USAir319

HELP!! PSS or Wilco Airbus??

Guest USAir319

Hi guys i was wondering which aircraft is better or has more of a realistic quality the pss airbus 319/320 or wilco?

Guest YukonPete

PSS is years old and Wilco is full of bugs and has very bad support! I know as I own both! After purchasing the Airbus vol.1 and Citation X from wilco I was totally turned off all there future products! I own both and I would suggest waiting for the Airliner XP.http://www.airliner-xp.com/a320screenshots.html

Guest melf12

Hi, Do a Search in the PSS Forums for Rob Elliott, he's an expert on the the PSS Airbus A320 Series.Ken

Guest vrandar

Thanks Ken. I do have both aircraft and both have their good points and bad points:Wilco - good FBW but still issues with the FDE, particularly speed in the descent and useless speedbrakes (which can be adjusted in the air file though). It's poor at obeying constraints. TOD doesn't recalculate if you change the flight plan during the flight. Now that SP3 has been released it is better but there are still various bugs throughout. And the locking of their forum was a disgraceful way to treat paying customers.PSS - This is now over 5 years old but I still think it beats the Wilco providing you don't use the default PSS but merge the panel with the iFDG model and use the iFDG airfile and cfg. By using the iFDG you get much better flight dynamics. The panel is still good and the MCDU works very well. Overall I would still go for the PSS but I think all of us Airbus pilots are waiting for the AirlinerXP which promises to be very good if it ever gets released. PMDG said they would also release an Airbus but I think that's a couple of years away.One thing to bear in mind is that there is a big question mark over the future of PSS even though about three months back things were still moving forward for new products. But the head of support has now left and there is no paid PSS person providing support on any product that I can see - PSS have had me do it for the Airbus on a voluntary basis for about 3 years now. There is speculation on the forum about the future because no word has come out of PSS themselves and they haven't responded to my email asking what is happening. If PSS does decide to close I would try to find a way to continue providing support for the Airbus family. But don't let any of this put you off; the Wilco has its good points but personally I still prefer the PSS. The panel is the best thing about it and when merged the overall package is good.Rob Elliott, EGPE Inverness

Guest mikealpha

I agree regarding the Wilco, but the PSS Airbusses are talked a bit better than they are. Next to no FBW bahaviour, occasional F16 style climbs/descends and AP logic flaws lead to only very little A320 'feel' for me.Yes, AirlinerXP look nice, but don't forget the AirSimmer A320 ( http://www.airsimmer.com ) . If you read a bit in their forum, you'll very soon notice their attention to details. It is at least as promising, if not more, than the AirlinerXP.And probably released earlier.Mike

Airliner XP is doing the A320 and it will be the best out there. But Airsimmer is also doing the whole A320 family, the A318, 319, 320 and 321. They look very good as well. The choice is easy for me, I plan on getting both.

Eric 

Guest roystondh

>Hi guys i was wondering which aircraft is better or has more>of a realistic quality the pss airbus 319/320 or wilco?I've just started using the Wilco product, whilst I was initially impressed, I've hit a brick wall - The Wilco Airbus Forums are locked, thus I cannot discuss the product with others / the developers.Sadly if they carry on with this approach they will never make the Level D / PMDG league and the fs Airbus prize remains wide open.

Thanks for the info re PSS Rob.I guess the writing has been on the wall for quite a while now...It will be sad to see them go as they have produced some of my all time favourite aircraft addons, but in recent years with the 777 and 757 releases they have fallen from favour with many of their customers.I'm away from home at the moment, but when I get back on Friday I'll be sure to redownload all my PSS addons and back them up safely, just in case :)

Guest Frostee

I would go with the PSS panel and merge with IFDG. Thats what I use. Also, I use the new project airbus a320 with the PSS merge. Great airplane, great FDE. Then, I would wait for the aibus in my sig, looks to be outstanding!

And what's ironic is that the 777 and now 757 are their best work to date imho., Once I take off my LDS expectations I do have fun, and each PSS airliner is in some way better than the last imho.It's largely their own general mishandling of the releases (to put it very broadly and mildly) that has cost them goodwill.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>full discussion about all FT aircraft (including the Abus>series) occurs each day in this FT forum ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>>>--Really? So why is it called 'Unofficial' and 'non technical'? Not quite what i call "full".Logged in there currently - don't see much in the way of dev support going on.

Guest roystondh

>full discussion about all FT aircraft (including the Abus>series) occurs each day in this FT forum ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>>>--So why then when you purchase the Wilco Airbus do they point you towards a forum that's locked ????If this is the forum for Wilco users to interact why not make it clear - and make it offical.If you want the fs Airbus prize you are going to need an active forum in the league that PMDG and Level D have.RH

Yes it's very true.I do enjoy their 777 and 757, and in all probability they will be the definitive examples of these aircraft available for FS9.It's just a shame they handled the releases so badly, especially for the customers who showed their support by preordering.Fortunately there are still developers out there who treat their customers with respect and not in such a cynical manner.