Sign in to follow this  
Guest USAir319

HELP!! PSS or Wilco Airbus??

You know, I'm none too impressed with Feel There locking their support forums for certain products, I may be wrong but I have a feeling there is more to it than just Victor deciding to close them. Maybe the publisher forced him to lock the forums for some reason?I'm not saying it was a good decision, but the fact that the forums for some FT products are still open, and they have a pseudo-support forum for Airbus customers suggests to me that the decision to lock the support forums wasn't entirely Victor's.Being mere mortals we aren't privy to any contracts between Feel There and Wilco. I really do think Wilco as the publisher are holding Feel There back and its tarnishing their reputation - an awful lot of what FT get criticised for can probably be traced back to the publisher.I just wish they would ditch Wilco and get a more reputable publisher like Flight One.

>full discussion about all FT aircraft (including the Abus>series) occurs each day in this FT forum ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>>>--Scoob,I have been trying to login to this forum, but after sending the registration email, I never received a confirmation email. I sent an email to the support address and got an immediate failure notification. Can you help in any way?Thanks,Eric

try FT support forum login with id and password you created (yes, even though you didn't receive the confirmation email).confirm you sent an email to support{at}feelthere.com with the following information:[*]your product's serial number[*]your registered username[*]your estimated date of registrationif the above don't work send me a private message.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>So why then when you purchase the Wilco Airbus do they >point you towards a forum that's locked ????as the Abus forum contains information that can searched. it is also where all recongnized bugs are posted and SP release notes are listed.the NON TECHNICAL AIRPLANE FORUM states in it's 'front page' description, "Forum to talk about how to fly feelThere airplanes."--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

The Airsimmer 320 Series was mentioned and I wanted to let you know that flew it a few times at FANCON in Seattle back in November and I was impressed with the the aircraft especailly the 3D model and panel as well as the systems modeling and overall handling as it flew nicely. I was told to expect a "light" version to be released later this month and in the new year they were going to complete the FMS and other systems to make it complete. I will definately be giving it a try when it is released around XMAS.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks Scoob. I was able to login today. Not sure why I wasn't able to yesterday.Eric

Guest roystondh

OK - I get where your coming from I think, I've posted on that forum now and got useful feedback.Just by way of observation say like I was a newcomer to the Wilco Airbus and then want to hit the forum's to learn more the initial impression given the link from the Wilco Website is VERY negative - i.e The Locked forum, perhaps a Sticky pointing you to the active forum and making it clear the "rules" i.e. it's for learning & pilot interaction might help your cause.You need a good community to move this product forward.RH

Guest roystondh

>points and bad points:>>Wilco - good FBW but still issues with the FDE, particularly>speed in the descent and useless speedbrakes (which can be>adjusted in the air file though). >>Rob Elliott, EGPE Inverness>Rob - Can I request help - I'd like more effective Speedbrakes what & how the air file be reconfigured.Thanks in advanceRH

RH:search the Abus forum (http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26) as suggestions by users are posted there for all to see.us search terms: 'speedbrakes', and/or 'speed brakes', and/or 'spoilers' and/or 'drag'--

Guest roystondh

>RH:>>search the Abus forum>(http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26) as>suggestions by USERS are posted there for all to see.>>us search terms: 'speedbrakes', and/or 'speed brakes', and/or>'spoilers' and/or 'drag'>>>--OK I will see if I can find a solution from the USERS who have also highlighted this problem - how's about something from the developers? or is that asking to muchRH

Guest roystondh

In fact Scobie on the 03 - 05 -07 on the Wilco Airbus forum you highlighted that 13+ threads where going re Speedbrakes and 13+ threads going re SpoilersIt's now the 12 - 04 - 07 and you have advised me to look for USER solutions. Kind of tells me what I need to know in regards future Wilco purchases.RH

i've never had a problem slowing the Abus V1 (sp2) or V2. i plan my flight and profile so i can slow the aircraft.the real abus is not easy to slow (this has been confirmed by multiple real-world Abus pilots). my own experience 'in the cabin' of many an Abus is the spoilers are deployed often AND for a long time to slow the plane - this is on initial approach and on turns for finals. in general i find the Abus needs twice (in real-world) the spoiler 'time' when compared to the same approach in the 737 (classic or NG).if you come in hot and high the Abus will not do well. the fact that other freeware/payware abus FDE's allow one to 'throw out an anchor' doesn't mean that those FDE's are correct.if you wish to 'land at any airport you can see' regardless of speed/altitude i suggest Erick Cantu's vistaliner 727. like the real plane one can slow the aircraft quickly even in a 'steep dive.' GREAT panel for this is by Richard Probst.--

Guest roystondh

Thanks for the lightening fast feedback.If your saying that it's closer to the real deal then I am happy and will need to adjust my flying accordingly and allow time for the spoilers to kick in and slow the aircraft.Perhaps a carefully crafted tutorial highlighting how to do it right might do the trick and put to bed the issue once and for all.Once again thanksRH