Sign in to follow this  
Guest rweber95

USViper no show

Guest rweber95

Downloaded USViper.zip, unzipped and installed it just like I have dozens of others but it doesn't show up in the aircraft list in FS2004. I have since downloaded flf16pnl.zip and copied the panel .bmp to the Viper panel folder but still no show. What am I missing?Bob

I just tried it and it shows up under Lockheed Martin in the aircraft lists.Did you verify that the folder named VIPER actually ended up in your Aircraft subfolder ?

Guest rweber95

I just checked the Aircraft folder again and out of 13 A/C that I've downloaded and installed, all work except the Viper and an F16-ITA. Beats me.Bob

I don't know what to suggest if you are SURE the entire VIPER folder is in your Aircraft subfolder.There should be 19 files and folders in the Viper folder and one of them should be the aircraft.cfg file. The other critical file is the viper.air file. All, except the jpgs, the alternate cfg folder, the glass texture folder, the afterburner folder and documentation folder are needed for the plane to display.Double check everything.

Guest rweber95

That's what I have in my Aircraft folder, a Viper folder with 19 items as you've listed. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium which causes all kinds of wierd things, and this may be one of them.Is there a file viewer that can be used to check the .mdl file?Bob

I can only guess that Vista is your problem as it works "as advertised" on my XP system.Sounds like yet another reason to stay with XP.