Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

FS9 Logbook....Keeps Corrupting?

Hey All,I have been having this issue lately. I have the option to log time in FS selected. Lately, I keep getting an error saying that it can't post to Logbook (followed by tons of odd characters) and that I need to recreate it. I have created it about 5 different times.Anyone have any info?

Kreg,similar thing happened to me a long time ago. I couldn't get it to work properly and rather looked elsewhere for a decent logbook. Found FS Flight Keeper and never looked back. It is one of those "cannot live without it" add-ons. Not to sound like a commercial, but you get many useful things with that program. It is very interesting when you look at the reports and see which aircraft you fly the most, where you fly the most and such. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but as I said, I couldn't get FS logbook to work properly - and I'm glad. :DRegards,Jure

Maybe you've solved your problem already with FS Flight Keeper, but for the original issue, it's common to have that happen any time you edit a log entry from within the sim. Not sure why, apparently it's a bug. I've had success fixing this issue on my own system using the following procedure:First go into your "My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files" folder and find your logbook file. It'll be named something like "Kreg Earhart.log" (or whatever name you typed when you chose to log flight time). Double click it (should open with Notepad) and make sure it's not corrupt or something, scroll all the way to the end, maximize it and check out the last few entries, make sure the columns all line up and there's nothing obviously messed up. Next copy the filename exactly but without the .log file extension. Now open up your fs9.cfg in Notepad and scroll through till you find the "LOG_FILE=" line which you'll find in the [MISC] section. Paste the filename of your logbook file after the equal sign, it should look something like "LOG_FILE=Kreg Earhart" (no quotes). Also make sure "LOG_TIME=1" is there in the same section. Save, and your logbook should return to normal.I gave up on editing log entries from within the sim, now if I find I need to change anything, I open the .log file in Notepad and change it directly. My current log file is showing over 2100 hrs and dates back to 3/27/2004 (OMG!). It hasn't caused me any issues in years.Jim