Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

I am happy

Guest GA Flyer

About a year ago I lost my computer due to condensation and with it many hours/days of tweaking, adding and editing FS but on a good but out dated computer.Fast-foward to today and I have FS back to the way it was on a E6850 with a 8800GTX system that is loaded with hardware from like Go-Flight and TrakerIR items.http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Ki...rm/DSC01429.jpg http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Ki...rm/DSC01432.jpg http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Ki...rm/DSC01437.jpg My most recent add-on was Freight Dogs, Tongass Fjord and Misty Fjord. Add those to almost all Geo render stuff, Fly Tampa and Flight Scenery (just to name a few) and I have FS set with more places to fly then I have time too. With FSCargo in Freight Dogs I have "mission" flights now and it really brings an added/needed element to FS.The reason to this post is that the last 9 years of simming and what 3-4 years of having FS9 has built up to this moment. All the waiting for add-ons to be released, the hardware to catch-up, the replys for help in fixing something, spending more time "under the hood" then in the pilot seat...All that now behind me and I now can finally enjoy FS they way I like.I do plan on replacing my 19" monitor with a 37" this summer but that is simple and does not require much.Yes I am happy. I have a very smooth flight with the system I have and all the candy inside to last for a long, long time. I've turned off the shift Z counter, no longer look for things to add and now just fly. I am happy.

I am happy FOR you :) - have fun.regards,Markps: looks like a happy hardware forum post though :-lol

Regards,

Mark

Guest GA Flyer

>ps: looks like a happy hardware forum post though :-lolHardware does make up alot of it and looking at my post I see what you mean but its really all about no longer tweaking and just flying. A year after FSX is out and I'm just now able to enjoy FS9. By that I mean on the whole. Part of simming to me is reading post here to findout why and how the sim could be better. Then after installing something, testing it out to see that it doesnt conflict with other stuff.All that is behind me for FS9 and as much as FSX in theory should run well on set-up, it would be back to reading forums, waiting for releases and spending time under the hood. Instead, its FS9 until FS12 (yes 12) because I will then set up FS11 with all the add-ons for FS11 that are out and spend about a month doing it then back to flying and being happy.

Guest RonB49

WOW! That looks nice. Have you solved the condensation problem? Do I remember that your old rig was in a camper or a trailer or was that someone else? R-

Guest GA Flyer

That was me. It was in a trailer and I still am. After 7 months parked on the street I moved to a private property and hooked up to electrical which cured my condensation problem. I have electric heat and a dehumidifer on shore power but still run the computer on a generator for the cleaner sine wave.

Congratulations! It looks like you have spent many hours on your hobby.I'm happy too! My new E6850 and 8800GT are smokin'. Regardless of weather, scenery, or the airplane that I choose to use, I'm at 30+ FPS. That's with 8s AA & 16 AN. I really feel sorry for anyone who tries, like I did, to replace FS 9 with FS X. It took almost 5 years for the hardware to finally catch up with FS9. It will take just as long for FS X, maybe longer. That's just MHO.Many years back I stated that FS9 will never get to the level of FU3. Even though the ATC is still not as good, FS is 9 is now enjoyable to me.I'm happy that there are so many happy simmers who are as passionate as I am about this hobby. Good for us!Jose OteroCFII

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest rwrea

Jose, just wondering..but what is FU3??Dick ReaMCA372

Probably referring to Looking Glass Studio's Flight Unlimited III ©1999

Yes!I'm speaking of Looking Glass Studio's Flight Unlimited III.I credit FU3 and FU2 for all my certificates. These sims are still a work of art. It's sad that Looking Glass had to go under.Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.